- List of 10 Best 900 Watt Microwave Reviews
- #1: Toshiba EM925A5A-BS 900W Microwave Oven
- #2: Commercial Chef CHM990B Countertop Microwave Oven
- #3: BLACK+DECKER 900W Digital Microwave Oven
- #4: COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PMB 900W Countertop Microwave Oven
- #5: GE Countertop 900W Microwave Oven
- #6: Panasonic NN-SB458S Compact 900W Microwave
- #7: Toshiba EM925A5A-SS 900W Microwave Oven
- #8: Kenmore 70929 900W Microwave – Best Compact
- #9: Breville BMO650SIL the Compact Wave Soft Close Countertop Microwave Oven
- #10: Commercial Chef CHMH900B6C 900W Microwave
- Features To Look For When Buying 900 Watt Microwave
A microwave is one of the most important appliances in a kitchen. There might be multiple people in a family and at times, they might need to cook more than one meal at a time.
In such cases, an ordinary 800-wattage may not be sufficient to meet their needs. A 900-watt microwave oven is capable of handling bigger and more complex tasks with ease. This is the reason why you should consider buying a 900-watt microwave oven for your kitchen.
There are many different brands available in the market today. It can get really confusing when you are trying to find out what suits your needs best. We have made a list of the top 10 best 900 watt microwaves that you can buy right now without any second thoughts.
List of 10 Best 900 Watt Microwave Reviews
#1: Toshiba EM925A5A-BS 900W Microwave Oven
This 900W microwave is the perfect addition to any kitchen. With a sleek, black stainless steel design, it easily matches any decor. The Pre-programmed menu works for 6 foods like popcorn, pizza, and potatoes. The one-touch start button makes quick work of starting the microwave—with options to heat for 1 to 6 minutes at full power.
The Eco mode saves power, while the sound on/off option allows you to choose how loud you want your microwave to be. Plus it’s got a child safety lock so you know curious little hands won’t be able to mess with it when you’re not looking. It’s got 900 watts with 10 power settings, as well as a clock and kitchen timer. And with a bright digital display and easy-to-read control panel, there are no surprises when it comes to using this microwave.
What we like:
- Has a microwave, steamer, and convection oven in one unit.
- The controls are easy to use.
- It even has a timer so you can be sure it’s done cooking when the timer goes off – no more over-cooking your food!
- There are 10 power levels to choose from.
- The digital display is bright and easy to read.
#2: Commercial Chef CHM990B Countertop Microwave Oven
This microwave is the best option for you if you’re looking for a microwave that’s as simple and straightforward as it gets. It has just 6 quick-cook settings, including popcorn, baked potato, pizza, beverage, reheat, and frozen dinners.
You can adjust its power from 10% to 100% with its 10 power levels. The power is 900 watts. And it has a push-button touch control with an LED display so you can see what’s going on without having to stand over the microwave the whole time.
It’s got a mechanical dial control with chrome trim—a kind of retro look that some people love—and an end-of-cooking signal so you know when your food is ready.
What we like:
- A simple and easy-to-use control panel that tells you when your food is ready.
- A push-button touch control with an LED display so you can see what’s going on without having to stand over the microwave the whole time.
- The power is 900 watts, which means it takes about the same amount of time to cook as a full-size microwave.
#3: BLACK+DECKER 900W Digital Microwave Oven
The Black + Decker stainless steel digital microwave oven is a great choice for anyone looking for a microwave that’s reliable, easy to use, and stylish.
This microwave has the standard features such as pre-programmed buttons for cooking popcorn, potatoes, pizza, and frozen vegetables, beverages and dinner plates. It also has a clock and kitchen timer.
The controls are simple, with push-button selections for cooking time. The LED display is easy to read, even from across the room. The child safety lock ensures that little ones don’t accidentally hurt themselves or mess up your microwave!
This model has plenty of power at 900 watts with 10 power settings; it also comes with a one-year warranty so you know it will last through years of heating up leftovers.
What we like:
- Looks great in a kitchen that includes stainless steel appliances.
- Easy to read display and controls.
- Child safety lock ensures little ones don’t accidentally harm themselves or your microwave!
- Large interior accommodates a lot of leftovers.
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe glass turntable.
- Has over 10 power settings for maximum flexibility.
- One-year warranty!
#4: COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PMB 900W Countertop Microwave Oven
Whether you’re heating up a left-over casserole or defrosting some chicken, the COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PMB Countertop Microwave Oven is there for you. The sleek black stainless steel finish will look good in any kitchen, and the 0.7 cubic foot capacity and 700 watts of power are great for small families or tight quarters.
It has 11 power levels, a mute function, settings for clock and kitchen timer, a child safety lock, and easy auto-cook functions for popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen veggies, beverage reheat, one-touch express cooking function with 1 to 6 minutes and plus 30 seconds functions and two defrost settings (by weight or by time).
The microwave’s energy-saving Eco Mode can minimize 50% of standby power by turning on ECO mode. And the bright digital display, easy-to-read control panel, interior light, and 10 inch glass turntable make it simple to use even if microwaves are new to you.
What we like:
- Durable and simple. The sturdy, easy-to-clean black stainless steel finish will look good in any kitchen (or garage, or dorm room – it packs down to a very small space).
- Cooking options are numerous, and for the price, there is no better value in a microwave oven.
- Easy to read display, easy and intuitive controls.
- No “quick start” or auto cook settings. This microwave oven is not only easy to use, but learning how it works is a snap and won’t take long to master.
- Easy one-touch settings for defrosting food in the microwave.
- Child safety lock (with ft. torque).
#5: GE Countertop 900W Microwave Oven
This GE Countertop Microwave Oven has a 0.9 cubic foot capacity and 900 watts of power. It fits easily on any kitchen countertop or open shelf and has a 39-inch power cord. The glass turntable rotates for optimum cooking, and the microwave is easy to set up.
The controls are simple, one-touch operations with convenient cooking controls. A kitchen timer, child lock control and cooking complete alarms add convenience. Easy auto or manual defrosting allows for optimal results for your food.
The clean lines, electronic keypad, and white color with black glass construction provide an elevated design that complements any kitchen decor and makes the microwave very easy to clean.
What we like:
- No issues with installation or quality
- Easy to clean
#6: Panasonic NN-SB458S Compact 900W Microwave
Versatility, convenience, and efficiency. That’s what you’ll get with the Panasonic NN-SB458S compact microwave, 0.9 cu ft, stainless steel, power + innovation 900 watts of high power for fast, even cooking and delicious results.
This microwave features a child safety lock for your peace of mind and a quick 30sec and popcorn button with 3 cooking levels to make sure that your popcorn is cooked just the way you like it. With 7 preset auto cook menu items, 10.6 inches turntable, delay start and timer, more/less control, it’s easy to prepare your favorite foods quickly and efficiently. The small countertop footprint smart, compact design devotes less space to electronics and far more interior capacity.
And when you’re done cooking with your Panasonic NN-SB458S compact microwave, 0.9 cu ft, stainless steel, power + innovation 900 watts of high power for fast, even cooking and delicious results? You can use its keep warm feature to keep foods like vegetables, soups, hors d’oeuvres, gravies, sauces and desserts warm until they’re ready to serve!
What we like:
- Well-rounded package, with a complete set of features
- Quick heating and defrosting
- No problems in terms of built quality or reliability
- Short learning curve for operation and cleaning
#7: Toshiba EM925A5A-SS 900W Microwave Oven
Want to cook your food with a microwave that’s as stylish as it is functional? Toshiba’s EM925A5A-SS Microwave Oven with Sound On/Off ECO Mode and LED Lighting, 0.9 Cu. ft/900W, Stainless Steel offers the perfect combination of both.
The microwave features a steel door frame and enclosure, so it looks like an upscale appliance that belongs in a modern kitchen. It also has a clock display, interior lighting, and turntable. But at the same time, this Toshiba model is designed with functionality in mind.
It’s got pre-programmed settings for popular foods like popcorn, pizza, and potatoes. It offers power-saving options and can be programmed to go off after a certain amount of time—and if you’re worried about its acoustic presence in your kitchen (or want to keep it from going off accidentally), this microwave comes with a sound on/off option.
With 900 watts of power and 10 presets, this model is ready to reheat leftovers or cook entire meals at the push of a button.
What we like:
- Controls are easy-to-read and use.
- The square shape is super versatile.
- Natural lighting keeps the appliance looking sleek and modern.
#8: Kenmore 70929 900W Microwave – Best Compact
With 10 power setting, 12 heating presets and removable turntable, this ADA compliant countertop microwave oven is perfect for small office kitchens, RVs and apartments
It is a great option for all your cooking needs. Made in the US, it is a product that you can trust and depend on. It gives you the freedom to cook a variety of items with ease, so you can enjoy delicious meals at home or on the go.
The microwave has 10 power settings at 900 watts an add 30 seconds button option and a safety lock to keep kids safe. The One Touch express heating settings let you quickly start cooking for 1-6 minutes instantly. Frozen foods are defrosted quickly with the Time or Weight defrost settings. With its easy to read touchpad display panel that is illuminated with LED lighting, this model features clock and timer functions as well. A removable glass turntable is included to make sure your foods are cooked evenly.
You’ll love how easy it is to use this compact 900 watt microwave oven. It is a great addition to any kitchen!
What we like:
- Easy to read control panel
- Easy to use for all family members
- Durable and reliable
- Easy to clean
- Large capacity carousel for large dishes
- One touch express cook options
#9: Breville BMO650SIL the Compact Wave Soft Close Countertop Microwave Oven
All the power of a full-size Breville microwave packed into a compact model, this countertop microwave is perfect for apartments and small spaces. With 10 power levels, you can cook your favorite foods and drinks easily. The defrost feature lets you defrost frozen foods safely, while the food menu feature has pre-programmed settings for popular foods so you don’t have to guess about how long to heat your meal. The soft close door and child lock button help keep kids safe in the kitchen.
The Breville Compact Wave Soft Close Countertop Microwave Oven is compact but powerful. With ten power levels, a defrost feature, and six pre-programmed settings for popular foods and beverages, it’s an easy way to heat up anything from soup to popcorn. It features a soft close door to prevent slamming or burning your hands on a hot surface when using it. The child lock button keeps kids safe by disabling the controls so they can’t accidentally turn the microwave on or change the settings while it’s running.
What we like:
• Large, easy-to-use controls.
• Great performance at a great price.
• Easy to read display.
• Large turntable for even heating.
• Accurate and quick power levels.
#10: Commercial Chef CHMH900B6C 900W Microwave
This Commercial Chef Microwave has a black exterior that gives it an elegant appearance. It features 0.9 cubic foot capacity, 600 watts of power and 10 different power levels. It has six 1-touch cooking functions for popcorn, pizza, potatoes, frozen vegetables, beverages and dinner plate. The touch control panel is easy to operate and the interior is easy to clean with its removable rotating glass turntable. This microwave oven also has a safety lock capability that prevents unsupervised use by children.
The Commercial Chef CHMH900B6C 0.9 Cubic Foot Countertop Microwave comes in a small size that is ideal for small kitchens or apartments and other spaces where you have limited counter space. It is equipped with a 900-watt cooking power and 10 adjustable power settings for flexible cooking options. It features six 1-touch cooking functions for quick preparation of popcorn, pizza, potatoes, beverages and more. This microwave also comes with an auto defrost setting that allows you to defrost frozen food quickly and evenly.
What we like:
- This microwave has a nice solid feel.
- It looks very sleek.
- The glass turntable is pretty and goes well with the stainless interior.
- The controls are easy to use.
Features To Look For When Buying 900 Watt Microwave
Microwaves are a great tool to have in your kitchen, and if you’re in the market for a new one, there are some features you should look out for to make sure you’re getting the best bang for your buck.
- Auto Settings: These are helpful because they take the guesswork out of cooking your food. You don’t need to worry about how long to cook something, just tell the microwave what you’re cooking and it will do the rest for you!
- Interior Lighting: This is a great feature that allows you to see inside your microwave while it is running so that you can check on your food as it cooks. It also makes it easier to clean up after use since there won’t be any spills or messes left behind from splattering grease or sauce all over the place.
- Child Lock: This is an important safety feature that prevents children from accidentally turning on the microwave when they shouldn’t be able to access it themselves (or at all). It also helps keep them safe by keeping hot liquids off their fingers and hands while cooking with hot oil or water.
- Removable Turntable: Having this option means less work for you – no more wielding a spatula or big spoon to flip that family-sized portion of food you need. It also prevents the microwave from getting too hot to touch, which means you’re less likely to burn your fingers and hands when handling it.
- Rotational Control: This is helpful for cooking foods that have heavy sauces on them, like meats or potatoes with gravy on them. Rotational control means you don’t have to worry about flipping the food if it does get stuck under the turntable! This is especially helpful for large meals because there will be more food than fits on one plate at a time.
- Large Capacity: The best microwaves on the market are the ones with the largest capacity, so be sure to check the cubic feet that your microwave has before you buy. Otherwise, you may need to make multiple batches or cook multiple items at one time, which can take a long time overall. Some microwaves have special setting that makes it easy to convert smaller servings into larger ones.
- Auto Start/Cook (Add 30 seconds): This is a helpful feature because it means less work for you – especially if you’re in a hurry or busy doing other things while your food cooks. Just put in your food, set the timer and go on with your other dinners!
- Safety Features: A good microwave will have plenty of safety features like one-touch operation so you can just pop something into the microwave and start cooking. This prevents accidental burns or fires while also keeping children safe from burns. Some microwaves will even turn off if they experience any kind of problems while being used, so that you don’t end up with serious injuries or damage to your microwaves that can cost a lot of money to fix or replace.
Is Preheat necessary for microwave oven?
Is Preheat necessary for microwave oven? While preheating your oven is not necessary, it can be helpful in some instances. There are situations where preheating the oven helps to achieve a better result. For example, preheating helps when baking yeast breads, pastries, and pie crusts.
Preheating ensures that the temperature of the oven is at the desired setting before you put in your food item. If you were to put an item into a cold oven you would have to add time to the bake time for the oven to reach its proper temperature. This could make your baked goods dry out or cook unevenly.
Preheating also helps when cooking or reheating foods that are dense and need to be heated from the inside out. Preheating will help ensure that the food starts cooking properly from the beginning of the cook time.
If you are attempting to reheat frozen leftovers, do not use a microwave without preheating it first. Frozen leftovers are dense so they need an even cook time to ensure that any harmful bacteria has been killed in order to prevent food-borne illnesses.
What is the maximum temperature in a microwave oven?
The maximum internal temperature for a microwave is around 212 degrees Fahrenheit, which is below the boiling point of water. As such, it is impossible to boil water in a microwave. While the liquid will not reach a rolling boil, it will come close to that temperature, with the water at 200 degrees Fahrenheit and steam reaching up to 212 degrees. The higher temperatures are caused by the steam that forms within the water.
Microwaves operate on the principle of electromagnetic radiation, heating and cooking food from within by exciting the molecules inside it and causing them to vibrate rapidly. As such, microwaves do not heat food evenly due to differences in molecular structure. Water molecules have an uneven distribution of electrons, making them particularly receptive to microwaves. As a result, microwaves heat water more efficiently than many other materials or molecules.
All in all, it’s important to remember that microwaves are a commodity product. At the end of the day, there are only so many options when it comes to cooking food quickly with radiation. That said, there are some standout products that you should consider before making a final decision.
We hope this guide helps you make the best choice possible—and we wish you luck in your quest for a 900-watt microwave that suits your needs!