- What Is A Garbage Disposal Cleaner?
- How Does Garbage Disposal Cleaner Work?
- Top 10 Garbage Disposal Cleaner Reviews
- #1. Waste King Legend Series 1 HP Garbage Disposal Cleaner
- #2. CLR Fresh Garbage Disposal Cleaner
- #3. Glisten Garbage Disposal Cleaner
- #4. Rejuvenate Garbage Disposal Cleaner
- #5. Affresh Garbage Disposal Cleaner
- #6. Plink 9013 Garbage Disposal Cleaner
- #7. Grab Green Garbage Disposal Cleaner
- #8. Lemi Shine Garbage Disposal Cleaner
- #9. Bastion Garbage Disposal Cleaner
- #10. Bioda Garbage Disposal Cleaner
- What To Look For Garbage Disposal Cleaner
If you’re looking for a way to keep your garbage disposal smelling fresh, we’ve got you covered. We’ve researched the best garbage disposal cleaner products on the market, settling on four that are not only effective but safe as well.
Whether you’re cleaning up after kitchen prep or looking to maintain a fresh drain between uses, there’s a product here to suit your needs.
What Is A Garbage Disposal Cleaner?
A garbage disposal is an important appliance for any kitchen. It can become a breeding ground for bacteria, mold, and other harmful organisms if it is not cleaned correctly or regularly. If you are looking for a way to clean your kitchen’s food waste container and clean up the mess that comes from cleaning dishes, you should consider using a garbage disposal cleaner.
This device will help you remove the garbage from your sink and ensure that it is properly disposed of in the trash. A garbage disposal cleaner will also help you avoid having to throw away or scrub away unwanted substances in your kitchen by eliminating them before they reach the drain. The cleaner will also help you maintain a healthy environment by removing food particles that can clog up your sink drains.
The best part about using a garbage disposal cleaner is that it will keep your kitchen smelling fresh, even when your sink and other parts of the house are dirty. When you use this type of product in your sink and drains, you can prevent odors from building up on the surface of your sinks and countertops. This type of product will also prevent bacteria from growing in these areas as well as prevent mold growth that could cause health problems in people who breathe these spores into their lungs.
How Does Garbage Disposal Cleaner Work?
The garbage disposal is an essential appliance in any kitchen. It’s a convenient way to clean up after every meal and throw away scraps of food. Garbage disposals can only handle so much food at a time, so pay attention to what you’re disposing of. While the disposal can take care of a lot, it sometimes needs a little help from cleaning products that are specially made for the job at hand. There are three major types of garbage disposal cleaner: enzyme cleaners, metal foams, and wipes. Each one has different benefits and uses.
1. Enzyme Cleaners
Enzyme cleaners consist of bacteria cultures that eat away at the organic matter clogging up your garbage disposal (and your kitchen sink). This type of cleaner is great for deep cleaning your disposal to eliminate odors and get rid of any food particles that may have been left behind. You can use enzyme cleaners along with regular dish soap to keep your sink and disposal smelling fresh.
2. Metal Foams
Metal foams are typically used to attack gunk inside your garbage disposal as well as any build-up on the blades themselves. Most metal foams contain natural ingredients like vinegar or citric acid, but you can find metal foams with chemical ingredients as well. These foams work by using a gritty substance to attach itself to the gunk and slowly eat away at any clogs within the disposal. This type of treatment is also good for cleaning off your disposal blades, as it tends to leave them very smooth and shiny.
Garbage disposal wipes are similar in nature to metal foam cleaners, but they tend to be more convenient and easier to use.
Top 10 Garbage Disposal Cleaner Reviews
#1. Waste King Legend Series 1 HP Garbage Disposal Cleaner
Activated by a wall switch, the Waste King Legend Series 1 HP Garbage Disposal Cleaner features a high-speed 2800 RPM permanent magnet motor that quickly and easily grinds food waste for easy rinsing down the drain. Its stainless steel swivel impellers help reduce jamming. The Glass-filled nylon grinding components are more durable than other materials and also resist corrosion.
The entire unit is safe to put in the dishwasher for cleaning. A removable splashguard makes it easier to clean under the sink. Its larger capacity grinding chamber allows food waste to be ground more quickly and easily than other units. A preinstalled power cord makes installation quick and easy, while its compact and lightweight design saves space under your sink.
What we liked:
- The 1 HP, 2800 RPM (115v) permanent magnet motor jams less.
- EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation, removable splashguard for easy cleaning.
- Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work required.
- Compact and lightweight garbage disposer saves space under the sink.
#2. CLR Fresh Garbage Disposal Cleaner
CLR Fresh Garbage Disposal Cleaner is the easy way to clean and freshen your garbage disposal. The fast-dissolving pods are safe and effective, helping to remove odors while keeping your kitchen smelling fresh. Simply drop a pod in the garbage disposal, run it for 10-15 seconds, and you’re done! For an even more thorough cleaning, use CLR Fresh Garbage Disposal Cleaner weekly.
The pods are formulated with quality ingredients including baking soda, citric acid, and refreshing citrus fragrances. Citric Acid is a weak acid found naturally in citrus fruits. It is commonly used as a pH adjuster and water softener. The baking soda helps to neutralize odors while the natural citrus fragrances leave a fresh scent in your kitchen.
CLR Fresh Garbage Disposal Cleaner is part of the CLR Fresh Scent line that includes Healthy Septic System Treatment, Spotless Stainless Steel Wipes, and Brilliant Bath Cleaner & Polish.
What we liked:
- Fast-dissolving pods safe for all disposals and pipes.
- A citrus-scented formula that helps clean, freshen, and maintain your garbage disposal.
- Built-up gunk in your disposal that causes bad odors.
- Made with quality ingredients you can trust, including baking soda and citric acid.
#3. Glisten Garbage Disposal Cleaner
Glisten Garbage Disposal Cleaner powers away tough disposal odors with a special blend of natural enzymes. Your whole kitchen will smell fresh and clean thanks to Glisten’s ability to penetrate deep into the nooks and crannies of your kitchen.
Glisten helps keep your disposal and drain free of foul odors, harsh buildup, clogs and grease with regular use. Glisten’s convenient, premeasured drop-in packets make cleaning easy by eliminating handling messy liquids or having to measure out dosages. Simply drop a packet into your drain and run the disposal to enjoy a clean, fresh disposal and sink.
Glisten is safe for all disposals including InSinkErator and Kenmore disposers. Use on a regular basis to keep your disposal and drain clean. For an added freshness boost, follow each use of Glisten Disposal Rejuvenator with a Glisten Disposal Fresh Pac to leave your disposal smelling lemon fresh.
What we liked:
- The powerful foaming action reaches deep to remove disposal buildup and powerfully clean disposers, pipes and drains.
- Made with natural ingredients, Glisten is safe to use on all disposers.
- Glisten breaks through the toughest grunge and grease to leave disposals fresh, eliminates odor-causing build ups.
#4. Rejuvenate Garbage Disposal Cleaner
Rejuvenate Garbage Disposal Cleaner removes foul odors and helps prevent future clogs while cleaning your sink. Whether you use the garbage disposal daily or rarely, these organic pods keep it fresh and clean. Simply add one of the pods to your sink with cold water and run the disposal to clean. The grime and smell will vanish only to be replaced by the fresh scent of lemon or lavender.
The Rejuvenate product line is known for its innovative solutions for home care and cleaning. Each product is created with a unique design, made from environmentally friendly materials, and has easily understandable instructions for application. This product also provides a great value for money as one container will last for 28 washes on average.
What we liked:
- The pods are biodegradable and will help to keep your garbage disposal smelling fresh and clean.
- Help keep your garbage disposal smelling fresh and clean.
- Available Scents are Lavender and Lemon.
#5. Affresh Garbage Disposal Cleaner
Affresh Garbage Disposal Cleaner cleans what home remedies and other brands can’t. The specially-formulated Affresh cleaner is designed to clean inside the disposal and reach areas that other cleaners simply can’t. Using powerful foaming action, Affresh Garbage Disposal Cleaner targets hard-to-clean grime that builds up from food residue. It’s made with a non-toxic formula, safe for use in your home. And it leaves behind a fresh lemon scent.
This Garbage Disposal Cleaner is specially formulated to clean the inside of your garbage disposal and help freshen the whole kitchen. It is specially formulated to clean the inside of your garbage disposal and help freshen the whole kitchen.
What we liked:
- Removes odor-causing residues deep inside disposal.
- Easy to use – just drop in a tablet and run disposal.
- Foaming action powers away residues with ease.
- Safe to use with plastic and metal garbage disposals.
- Use monthly to clean your toilet bowls, drains, stainless steel sinks, and glass & ceramic cooktops.
Plink 9013 Garbage Disposal Cleaner spheres are made with 100% natural ingredients, including enzymes and lemongrass oil. When you use Plink, it not only cleans and deodorizes your disposal but also helps prevent clogs by breaking down fats and food particles that clog drains and cause odors. The powerful, fresh scent lasts up to 15 seconds after the disposal is turned off, leaving your kitchen smelling clean. This eco-friendly product is biodegradable and septic safe, so you don’t have to worry about harming the environment or your pipes.
Plink is a must-have for anyone who owns a garbage disposal. Use it once a week as part of your regular cleaning routine to eliminate odors and keep your pipes clear.
What we liked:
- Plink is the easiest, most convenient and effective way to clean and deodorize
- It’s also environmentally friendly.
- With Plink, you don’t have to worry about phosphates, bleach or cleaning.
#7. Grab Green Garbage Disposal Cleaner
Grab Green Garbage Disposal Cleaner is convenient and easy to use. No hassling with frustrating zip closures or deodorizers that fall off the disposal. Simply toss a Grab Green Garbage Disposal Freshener pod down your drain, turn on the disposal and let it do the work for you.
Each pre-measured pod contains a potent blend of mineral based ingredients that tackle disposal odors, loosen grime and prevent clogging without harsh chemicals, noxious fumes or caustic chemicals.
Made with responsibly-sourced high-quality ingredients, Grab Green’s biodegradable products are never tested on animals and always cruelty-free.
What we liked:
- Tackle disposal odors, loosen grime and prevent clogging without harsh chemicals, noxious fumes or caustic chemicals.
- No Harsh Chemicals: Mineral based ingredients made with responsibly-sourced high quality ingredients.
- Cruelty-free: Never tested on animals.
#8. Lemi Shine Garbage Disposal Cleaner
Lemi Shine Garbage Disposal Cleaner is a new product from the makers. The pods are filled with natural citric acid that quickly and easily removes odor-causing buildup in your disposal for a fresher, cleaner, more pleasant-smelling drain. Each pod includes FunkGuard, a proprietary technology that prevents odors from returning so your sink will keep smelling lemony fresh and fab.
This Garbage Disposal Cleaner is conveniently pre-dosed in single use pods so you don’t have to measure out messy powders or gels and can easily store them inside your cabinet right next to your sink.
The clear wrapping on pods dissolves in water, meaning there’s no need to unwrap them before use. Lemi Shine Garbage Disposal Cleaner is phosphate-free with biodegradable surfactants and free of artificial fillers and dyes. It’s septic system friendly too!
What we liked:
- Natural ingredients keep your disposal smelling lemony fresh and fab.
- Conveniently pre-dosed in single use pods to make cleaning easy.
- Clear wrapping on pods dissolves in water; no need to unwrap.
- Phosphate-free with biodegradable surfactants.
- Free of artificial fillers and dyes. Septic system friendly.
#9. Bastion Garbage Disposal Cleaner
Bastion Garbage Disposal Cleaner with fresh lemon zest scent comes with a new, beautiful plastic bottle. The product is made from the highest quality natural ingredients that are proven to eliminate unpleasant odors from the garbage disposal. Bastion Garbage Disposal Cleaner will make your kitchen smell like a lemon grove. It keeps your disposal clean and fresh for up to 4 weeks!
The active ingredient (D-Limonene) is derived from the peels of citrus fruit. It can deeply penetrate grease to break it up and rinse away smelly fats, oils, and food particles leaving a septic safe, fresh and clean environment that smells amazing!
Bastion’s products are free from phosphates, chlorine bleach, petroleum-based additives and other harmful chemicals. Risk-free!
What we liked:
- A quality lemon zest scented drops.
- Contains the active ingredient D-Limonene
- Powerful formula will deep clean and break up clogs, rinsing away smelly fats, oils, grease, food particles leaving a septic safe, fresh, clean environment.
#10. Bioda Garbage Disposal Cleaner
Bioda Garbage Disposal Cleaner is the first of its kind to clean & freshen your disposal with a powerful, proprietary formula. Most garbage disposal cleaners will only mask or conceal odor causing buildup from waste and food particles in your disposal.
This Garbage Disposal Cleaner’s unique enzymatic formula not only eliminates foul odors caused by waste and food particles but goes one step further to degrade the source of foul odors, keeping your kitchen smelling fresh longer.
Its odor eliminating technology is 100% natural, non-toxic and biodegradable unlike most garbage disposal cleaners that are filled with harsh chemicals. Safe for pipes and septic system.
What we liked:
- Powerful proprietary formula, removes and conceals odor causing buildup from the disposal.
- Degrade the source of foul odors in your garbage disposal and drain pipes.
- Cleans with a pleasant fragrance as well as eliminating odors.
- Unique enzymatic formula, cleans with active beneficial bacteria.
What To Look For Garbage Disposal Cleaner
Use of a cleaner for your garbage disposal is essential because it helps in removing the buildup in the kitchen sink drain. It also prevents clogging and corrosion. The best one should be able to break down grease and food waste.
In this article, we will be looking at some features to look out for when buying a garbage disposal cleaner.
1. Cleanser Type
There are two types of cleaners: Powder and liquid. Liquid cleansers are more effective in getting rid of bad odors. However, they do not prevent corrosion as powder cleansers do. This makes the powder type better than the liquid type. It is also important to note that the powder form takes time to dissolve in water than the liquid form.
2. Cost of Cleaner
The cost of a garbage disposal cleaner depends on its size and its ingredients. The larger ones are more expensive than smaller ones while those with more natural ingredients are more expensive than those made from chemicals. It is advisable that you choose one that contains natural ingredients because they are safer for use around children and pets.
You have to look into the potential risks associated with using the cleaner before buying the product. You have to ensure that it is safe for use around children and pets. In addition to this, you should also ensure that it is not corrosive. Using corrosive cleaners may cause harm and damage your garbage disposal.
1. What are the main components of Garbage Disposal Cleaner?
- Garbage disposal cleaner is mainly composed of three active ingredients:
- Citric acid: Is a natural ingredient derived from citrus fruits, and is an effective cleaning agent that removes stains and odor.
- Sodium hydroxide: Also known as lye, this chemical transforms fat into soap and water-soluble substances during the process of saponification.
- Surfactant: This component helps to remove grease, grime and dirt by lowering surface tension between two liquids or between a liquid and a solid.
2. Do I have to clean the Garbage Disposal regularly?
Although cleaning garbage disposals regularly is not required by law, it is highly encouraged to do so, because it prevents spills and overflows in your kitchen area. In addition, since many people tend to use their garbage disposals every day, cleaning them can also help to get rid of any odors in the kitchen.
3. What’s the best method to use Garbage Disposal Cleaner?
Dump 1/2 of the pouch down the drain and run hot water while it foams. Wait 5 minutes, then dump the rest and run hot water again. It is safe for your pipes and drains, so you can repeat this two or three times per month for maintenance.
4. Can I use Garbage Disposal Cleaner for other drains too?
Yes! You can use Garbage Disposal Cleaner on any drain in your home to keep them clear whenever they start to slow down. It is especially useful in the bathroom sink where hair and soap scum create clogs.
The conclusion is that there is no one best garbage disposal cleaner, but some are better than others. This cleaner will freshen and clean your disposal with ease. You may not believe it, but lime, rust, and grease can build up inside the disposal over time. This cleaner is designed to break down these substances and get rid of them.
It is safe to use on all disposals, as well as septic systems. The cleaner comes in a pack of two bottles, so you’ll have enough to keep your drain clean and free of debris for weeks to come.