- List of 10 Best garlic slicers
- #1: OXO Good Grips Garlic Slicer
- #2: Pampered Chef Garlic Slicer
- #3: Leifheit Comfortline Gourmet Garlic Slicer
- #4: ANERONG Garlic Press, 2 in 1 Garlic Mince and Garlic Slice
- #5: Kitchen Innovations Garlic-A-Peel Garlic Press, Crusher, Cutter, Mincer, and Storage Container
- #6: Westmark Germany Stainless Steel Multipurpose Slicer
- #7: Vantic Garlic Press Rocker
- #8: STKYGOOD 2 in 1 Garlic Press
- #9: Zulay 2-in-1 Garlic Press Set – Dual Function Garlic Mincer & Slicer
- How to choose the best garlic slicer
When you’re looking for the best garlic slicer and dicer out there, it can be hard to search through all of the options. That’s why we’ve spent hours and hours testing out different brands and types of garlic slicers to figure out which ones are actually worth it. We’ve put together a list of the top five choices to help you narrow down your options.
List of 10 Best garlic slicers
#1: OXO Good Grips Garlic Slicer
Are you sick of struggling to slice garlic, or peeling it by hand? You don’t have to be! Get a better grip on your garlic-prep game with this durable and easy-to-use garlic slicer. The sharp, angled, bi-directional stainless steel blade integrated into the food chamber makes slicing garlic fast and safe. Just put the clove in, roll it back and forth on the textured ramp—you’ve got perfect slices every time.
The food holder snaps horizontally over the blade for safe and compact storage. And with its soft, comfortable, non-slip handle, you’ll feel confident in your ability to create delicious recipes that all your friends will love (even if they’re not all necessarily up to date on their annual dental checkups)!
- Food holder snaps horizontally onto the blade for compact storage
- Non-slip, comfortable handle
- Angled stainless steel blade
- Dishwasher safe (top rack, in a shallow plastic container)
#2: Pampered Chef Garlic Slicer
Cut your garlic with ease using this slicer. The slicer features two stainless-steel blades that are razor-sharp and can cut through the hardest bulbs of garlic with ease. In addition to slicing, you can also use it to shave chocolate, zest citrus fruits, grate nutmeg and other spices, and more.
To use it, simply drop in peeled cloves into the slicer’s well and twist. Each well holds two cloves at a time, so you can slice multiple cloves simultaneously for quick prep work.
This slicer weighs just 3.2 ounces and is easy to transport from one location to another.
- Quickly and easily slices hard cloves of garlic
- Features two stainless-steel blades that are razor sharp- Can also be used to slice chocolate, grate spices, and more
- Each well holds two cloves at a time, so you can slice multiple cloves at once for faster prep time and cleanup
- Dishwasher safe for quick cleanup
- Will not rust or stain food; easy to use and clean
#3: Leifheit Comfortline Gourmet Garlic Slicer
The Leifheit Garlic Slicer offers a precise way to cut garlic into thin and even slices. The fine holes of the stainless steel blade allow for extremely thin slices of garlic to be cut. This is perfect for adding a delicate flavour to your cooking. The garlic slicer has been specially designed with a curved shape for practical use. It is also equipped with a cover that protects hands from the sharp edges of the blades. This slicer is dishwasher safe and can also be used to finely chop vegetables.
- safe and easy to use, dishwasher safe
- precise and thin slices
- safety cover prevents cuts
#4: ANERONG Garlic Press, 2 in 1 Garlic Mince and Garlic Slice
The ANERONG garlic press will make your time in the kitchen much easier. Whether you’re a professional chef or someone who loves to cook at home.
It is designed to be easy to use and clean. The large chamber allows you to mince garlic cloves without peeling them first for fast performance. The garlic peeler tube helps you quickly remove the skin from the garlic clove without using a knife.
The garlic press can also slice the clove into small pieces. Use this feature if you want some larger pieces of garlic in the recipe that you are making.
Made of high-quality stainless steel material which is dishwasher safe and rustproof. It has a modern design that fits perfectly in your hand while exerting pressure on the garlic cloves.
- It is easy to clean.
- It’s rust-proof, durable and won’t break like plastic garlic presses.
- It is dishwasher safe
- It will save you a lot of time.
- It can slice and mince garlic quickly and efficiently.
- The Garlic Press comes in black or silver color.
#5: Kitchen Innovations Garlic-A-Peel Garlic Press, Crusher, Cutter, Mincer, and Storage Container
The best kind of garlic slicer is one that you can use to do everything—from slicing, to crushing, and even to storing your garlic. If you’re looking for one tool that will do it all, look no further than the Kitchen Innovations Garlic Press.
With a large number of blades (plus a silicone garlic peeler) and a large storage container, this press is designed to help you slice and store a ton of garlic in one go. This makes it perfect for when you need a lot of garlic fast.
The storage container fits perfectly into the base of the press, which also comes with a lid that easily seals shut, so you can keep all your garlic fresh without having to worry about it going bad or getting lost in your fridge or cupboard. Plus, it’s easy to clean, so you won’t have to spend much time washing up after using this press.
- One of the most affordable options on our list
- Easy to clean
- Large garlic storage container
- Comes with multiple blades for slicing and peeling
#6: Westmark Germany Stainless Steel Multipurpose Slicer
This amazing German-made kitchenware is so easy to use and versatile that you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it! It’s equipped with an ergonomic handle and 7 different blades for slicing garlic paper-thin, crushing it into perfect little bits, or dicing it into larger chunks. You can also choose from a number of other blade options to slice, dice, or crush other ingredients.
It’s made of high-quality stainless steel, meaning that it’s durable and looks super sleek on your kitchen counter. It’s also easy to clean: just run it under water after use and dry with a cloth.
With the this slicer, you’ll have all the tools you need to make any recipe perfectly every time!
- 7 different blades make it ideal for making a variety of foods.
- Ergonomic handle makes it easy to use and maneuver around the kitchen.
- Easy to clean, as all parts are dishwasher safe.
- Made of high-quality stainless steel, which is durable and easy to clean.
#7: Vantic Garlic Press Rocker
Are you tired of spending hours chopping garlic? Are your hands not big enough to press your garlic cloves? Now you can save time and effort with this product. Simply place the clove under the rocker and push down on the handle with one hand. The stainless steel blade chops up your clove in seconds, letting you quickly move on to cooking other ingredients.
The rocker design saves space in your kitchen and does not need any replacement parts or refills. After use, all you have to do is rinse it off under running water and leave it to air dry.
- The stainless steel blade is made of high-quality 420-grade stainless steel and comes with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
- The blades are very durable as they will not dull over time or easily break. It is also easy to clean as it does not need any oil or grease after use.
- This garlic mincer features a peeler design with a scraper for crushing garlic before mincing, making it easier and quicker to chop the garlic you have prepared in your food processor or juicer.
#8: STKYGOOD 2 in 1 Garlic Press
Easy to use, easy to clean, easy to store—this 2-in-1 garlic press is the only tool you’ll need in your kitchen. This garlic press allows you to slice or crush garlic with ease, and it’s ergonomic design makes it comfortable and easy to hold in your hand. Use it confidently knowing it will never rust, thanks to being made of stainless steel. When you’re done, just toss it in the dishwasher for a quick cleanup!
- 2-in-1 design allows you to easily slice or crush extra garlic
- Ergonomic design makes it comfortable and easy to hold
- Stainless steel teeth are strong enough to cut through garlic cloves, yet soft enough not to crush your skin
- Easy to clean—just toss in the dishwasher!
#9: Zulay 2-in-1 Garlic Press Set – Dual Function Garlic Mincer & Slicer
This garlic press is the best. It is a 2-in-1 garlic press, and it has a dual function. It can be used as a garlic slicer or as a garlic mincer. This garlic press is heavy-duty and easy to use. All you have to do is squeeze it, and it will slice or mince your garlic for you. When you need to clean this kitchen tool, all you need to do is grab the included cleaning brush, or use some soap and water. It comes with a silicone tube peeler that makes peeling your garlic super easy.
- Heavy duty
- Easy to use
- Features a cleaning brush and silicone tube peeler
How to choose the best garlic slicer
If you are cooking a lot of meals, or preparing sandwiches and salads many times, it is very important to get the best garlic slicer. There are quite a few on the market so choosing one can seem like an impossible task. This article will help you find the best garlic slicer that meets your needs, whether they’re as simple as cooking from time to time or if you need something more complex for catering and corporate catering events.
Look for Stainless Steel Materials
Most probably you have seen a lot of garlic slicers built from plastic or metal, both are common materials and valid choices. The good news is that stainless steel makes a good material for making garlic slicers because of the overall longer lifetime that can be expected. However, stainless steel does have its own limitations, such as it is quite heavy and takes up more space. Another consideration to make when choosing aluminum or plastic garlic slicer is the ease of cleaning needed after each use.
If you are using a garlic slicer for commercial use and storing it in a drawer or in the refrigerator, stainless steel makes an excellent choice. It is also easy to clean, durable, and offers good rust protection. It is important to remember that even if the stainless steel is rust-proof, it will still develop scratches and dents over time.
Look for Loud Noises
Garlic can be quite difficult to slice, and a dull blade will simply make the task harder. Especially for someone who might be new to slicing garlic, a sharp blade is important. Look for one that not only offers you sharp blades but also some safety features to prevent you from cutting your fingers in case of this unfortunate event does occur.
The garlic slicer can make some loud noises while being used.
A Multi-Blade Garlic Slicer
A multi-blade garlic slicer is another option to consider. It can be used in several ways: for chopping and slicing the large whole garlic cloves, for slicing smaller parts, for shaving small pieces of garlic, or using it as a grater. Multi-blade garlic slicers are usually constructed with simple and basic designs, however, some have additional features that make life easier when using them.
Easy to Clean a Garlic Slicer
The last consideration you need to make is whether the garlic slicer you are looking for is easy to clean. Many of them come with detachable blades, which makes the cleanup easier. Also, some have a removable base that makes cleaning the unit even easier. It is important to remember that all the items you are using on a daily basis should be easy to clean and disinfect as well as safe to use.
Check the Handle Design
The handle is an important part of a garlic slicer. It needs to be made from durable materials and offer a good grip; it also needs to be comfortable for you to hold. The lifespan of the handle can really affect how long you will be using the garlic slicer and if it’s a reputable brand, then proper maintenance is important as well.
Is the garlic press a cutting tool?
We believe that the garlic press is not a cutting tool but rather a crushing tool.
A cutting tool is any tool that, when pressed against an object, can slice through it by way of shear deformation.
A crushing tool, on the other hand, creates pressure on an object, causing it to break into smaller pieces. The garlic press works by putting pressure on a clove of garlic and breaking it apart, as opposed to slicing through it.
How do you use a garlic slicer?
So you just bought a garlic slicer and you’re ready to get chopping. Here’s how to use it:
1. Place your garlic clove inside the garlic press.
2. Make sure the lid is on securely and then place the press on a cutting board or another flat surface.
3. Press down on the top of the lid with one hand while holding the handle with another hand and lift up at the same time. This will slice your garlic clove into perfect pieces!
4. Now that you’ve got those beautiful slices, all that’s left to do is enjoy them!
Is it better to chop or press garlic?
The short answer: it depends on what you need garlic for.
In general, it’s easier to chop. It takes less time and effort. You can even buy a garlic chopper, which automates the process of cutting up garlic into tiny pieces.
If you’re adding garlic to a soup, a stir-fry, or some other dish that’ll cook for a while, chop is the best way to go. The pieces will mix in better with the rest of the ingredients, and they’re small enough that you won’t feel them in your mouth when you’re eating the final product.
If you’re making salad dressing or pesto sauce, pressed is better. Since you won’t be cooking the garlic for very long (if at all), the flavor will still be pretty strong—and it’ll be much easier to get rid of the pieces if all you have to do is wipe off a press instead of removing a bunch of tiny bits from a salad bowl.
To recap, the Pampered Chef Garlic Slicer is a high-quality slicer that works well on a variety of foods, including both root vegetables and potatoes. The OXO Good Grips Garlic Slicer has a great grip and an ergonomic shape, making it easy to use for long periods of time without getting hand cramps. The stainless steel blades are sharp and stay that way through many uses. In addition to working for your average garlic, the Vantic Garlic Press Rocker can also be used on potatoes and other root vegetables.
If you’re looking for a slicer that will work for any kitchen job, the Leifheit Comfortline Gourmet Garlic Slicer should be high on your list.