- What Is Clear Ice?
- Why Do You Need A Clear Ice Maker
- The 15 Best Clear Ice Makers Reviewed
- NewAir AI-250R Clear Ice Maker
- Scotsman Brilliance Outdoor Ice Machine
- Whynter UIM-155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker
- Luma Comfort IM200SS Portable Clear Ice Maker
- Euhomy Commercial Ice Maker Machine
- EdgeStar IB450SS Clear Ice Maker
- Northair Portable Countertop Clear Ice Maker
- Vremi Countertop Clear Ice Maker
- SOOPYK Clear Ice Makers Countertop
- Silonn Clear Ice Makers Countertop
- Frigidaire EFIC452-SS BLACK XL Clear Ice Cube Maker
- CROWNFUL Clear Ice Maker with Auto Self-Cleaning
- DUURA DI50P 65Lb Premium Clear Ice Cube Maker Machine
- Sentern Portable Countertop Clear Ice Maker
- FOOING Automatic Self-Cleaning Ice Maker Machine Countertop
- What To Look For When Choosing The Best Clear Ice Maker
The best clear ice makers can be hard to find. Not every ice maker has the capacity to produce clear ice, and not every refrigerator with an ice maker can produce clear ice either.
A lot of it comes down to what you want from your clear ice maker. Are you looking for an all-in-one package that makes the ice for you, or are you looking for a tray that delivers perfectly cut, crystal-clear cubes?
In this buying guide we’re going to dive into the best options so you can decide which is right for your home bar or kitchen.
What Is Clear Ice?
Clear ice is dense and melts slowly. It is usually made at home with water that is boiled before freezing. Boiled water produces clear ice because it removes most of the dissolved air from the water, which would otherwise create cloudy ice. Clear ice can be used to add visual interest to drinks and cocktails, particularly those that use a large cube or sphere as a centerpiece.
Clear ice also has practical advantages in cocktails. Since it contains less air, the ice is less likely to melt quickly and dilute a drink as it sits in your glass. The slow melt rate is also useful if you’re using a large piece of ice for display purposes but still want it to cool your drink.
Why Do You Need A Clear Ice Maker
There are a number of reasons to buy a clear ice maker.
The first is the main and most obvious reason, the quality of the ice. While denser, clear cubes don’t melt as fast, they also cool down your liquor quicker and more evenly than cloudy, regular ice. This means that your drink won’t be watered down or diluted with melted ice near the end of your drink.
Another benefit of clear ice is that it’s less prone to floating in your drink. This means that you can stretch out that one drink for longer than you would be able to with regular ice without a compromise in taste or temperature. This can be especially helpful if you’re looking to make the most out of your budget, or if you’re just enjoying a night out on the town with friends and looking for a way to make that one drink last longer.
The third reason to get clear ice is the healthy factor. While regular ice is often made of tap water, the kind that you can find in any major city’s water system, this isn’t always the case. Clear ice makes it easier to see exactly what kind of water the ice has been made out of. This means that anyone who is allergic to certain minerals or chemicals present in tap water will be able to avoid them when drinking from an ice cube made from tap water.
Finally, if you’re looking for a way to spruce up your home or impress guests, clear ice cubes are a great way to do so. They give your drinks a unique and luxurious feel that regular ice can’t match.
The 15 Best Clear Ice Makers Reviewed
NewAir AI-250R Clear Ice Maker
If you are looking for a top-quality clear ice maker, the NewAir AI-250R is one of the best options for you. This unit can produce up to 50 pounds of pure crystal clear ice per day. It has an alluring compact design and stainless steel exterior, so it fits well to your outdoor kitchen or bar. You can use this machine to make clear ice for cocktails, punch bowls, or any other beverage that you like. The unit can make about 25 pounds of ice in just 15 minutes.
It comes with a storage capacity of 50 pounds so that it keeps your ice frozen until ready for use. This model also has automatic overflow protection and self-cleaning technology that makes it one convenient choice. It has a removable bin that allows you to move the ice around easily without spilling any contents out of the bin.
What we liked:
- It has a sleek design that makes it easy to use and store.
- It produces up to 50 pounds of crystal clear ice in 24 hours.
- It has an attractive stainless steel exterior.
- It delivers fast ice production, making it ideal for parties and other special occasions.
- The self-cleaning feature helps you enjoy pure drinking water without any contamination or odor issues.
- The machine is easy to clean and maintain with its removable parts.
- Its digital control panel makes operating the machine simple.
Scotsman Brilliance Outdoor Ice Machine
If you are looking for a great clear ice maker, you can go with this Scotsman Brilliance Outdoor Ice Machine. It is one of the best ice makers on the market. You will have no problem finding this ice machine since it is one of the highest-selling machines on the market.
You will be able to make 28 pounds of clear ice every day and store up to 74 pounds in its internal bin. The production process is fast, and it only takes 24 hours to produce enough clear ice for your party.
The control panel display is easy to use and understand quickly even for beginners who don’t know about these types of machines before. Besides that, cleaning this machine requires little effort because it has a self-cleaning feature that removes all traces of mineral deposits from the water system efficiently.
The auto close door ensures that there won’t be any moisture entering into the interior, making sure that no mold or bacteria forms in your machine. It also has a sensor activated interior LED light that lights up when you open the door so you can easily see your stored ice cubes without turning on external lights to save energy use during daytime operation.
What we liked:
- The machine is easy to operate with the digital display console.
- It has an LED interior light that can be activated using the on/off button.
- Its self-cleaning feature is efficient and fast.
- It has a huge storage capacity of 74 pounds.
- The auto close door protects it from any moisture entering into the interior of the machine and helps keep ice stored in good condition without mold or bacteria forming.
- The unit has a sturdy design that doesn’t make it prone to maintenance problems.
Whynter UIM-155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker
The Whynter UIM-155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker can produce up to 12 pounds of clear ice cubes per day, and the bin holds 6 pounds at a time. You could easily keep a cocktail party’s worth of martinis chilled for hours with this freestanding clear ice maker. This unit is energy efficient, too—it only consumes 208 kilowatts per hour.
It has an auto shut-off feature that turns off the machine when the ice bin is full. The built-in drain plug makes cleanup easy, and it also has an audible reminder that tells you when more water needs to be added. This unit doesn’t require professional installation; however, it does need to be connected to a standard household water supply line and drain under your sink or in another convenient location nearby.
What we liked:
- It produces up to 12 pounds of clear ice per day, so it’s great for making large water glasses and other beverages.
- It has an auto shut-off feature that turns off the ice maker when the ice bin is full.
- The unit is exceptionally energy efficient, so if you’re considering this machine, you can save money on your water bill by using less hot water.
- You’ll be able to keep your drinks cool with this unit’s self-cleaning technology.
Luma Comfort IM200SS Portable Clear Ice Maker
It’s the perfect ice machine for first-time buyers and those who want to experience the joy of clear ice. It’s an exceptionally portable item that you can use outdoors, indoors or in a camper. It produces 28 lbs of clear, square-shaped ice per day and stores 3 quarts (2.8 liters) of ready-to-use ice at a time. The cubes can be produced in 15 minutes, so it’s great if you need to cool your drinks quickly.
The machine is highly efficient thanks to its drain pump and low water consumption design, which ensures less environmental damage compared to some other models on this list. And the automatic overflow protection feature adds extra safety when the water reservoir reaches maximum capacity.
The Luma Comfort IM200SS Portable Clear Ice Maker has a sleek silver finish that looks great in any space and is compatible with most types of decor.
What we liked:
- This ice machine can produce clear, square-shaped ice cubes that are perfect for making a variety of drinks.
- It provides efficient drain pump technology and a low water consumption design.
- The automatic overflow protection feature ensures the longevity of your machine.
- Its drain pump makes it easy to discard water once the ice cubes are produced, preventing any messes.
- This unit is easy to use, so it’s great for beginners who’ve never owned an ice maker before.
Euhomy Commercial Ice Maker Machine
The Euhomy Commercial Ice Maker Machine is a self-cleaning machine that produces crystal clear ice cubes in 3 different sizes. It can produce 100 lbs of ice per day and its 33lbs Ice Storage Capacity makes it one of the best clear ice makers available on the market. This unique feature also saves you from the need to continuously monitor the system, as it automatically shuts off when there is less water in it or it’s full of ice. The Euhomy Commercial Ice Maker Machine comes with a smart LCD control panel that allows you to easily control various functions like size of cubes, running time, etc. You can easily make your choice depending upon what type of drink you wish to make.
Many people are worried about their energy bills! Well, don’t worry because this unit uses less energy than other models available on the market and hence you get high efficiency at low cost!
Overall, we recommend this product for those who want a large freezer and want maximum volume capacity.
What we liked:
- It produces crystal clear ice cubes in three different sizes, so the product has a wide variety of functionality.
- Its auto shut off feature helps conserve energy and water.
- The unit is quiet and efficient because it uses less than 1/3 of the water consumption of other brands.
- It fits perfectly in any kitchen for ease of use, as it has an easy to read display panel.
EdgeStar IB450SS Clear Ice Maker
This model makes clear ice, not cloudy—a quality that is only found in the most expensive home ice makers.
Not only that, but this self-contained unit can make 50 pounds of bullet-shaped ice per day. Its ice basket holds 25 pounds of ice while producing up to three different sizes of cubes.
The large cube is made for work at home bars and restaurants where drinks are served on the rocks. This cube melts slowly, so it doesn’t dilute your drink as quickly as small cubes or crushed ice. The smaller cubes are great for use in cocktails and sodas.
It’s designed to be used indoors, but EdgeStar markets this model for commercial use as well as for home use by those who enjoy entertaining frequently or hosting outdoor parties during the summer months. The commercial grade stainless steel door is durable enough to stand up to regular wear and tear during frequent use in a bar or other establishment that serves liquor on the rocks.
What we liked:
- This clear ice maker machine produces clear ice, not cloudy, and that’s the only kind of ice that you should use in your drinks.
- It can make up to 50 pounds of bullet-shaped ice per day.
- The large cube is made for work at home bars and restaurants where drinks are served on the rocks.
- This cube melts slowly, so it doesn’t dilute your drink as quickly as small cubes or crushed ice.
- The smaller cubes are great for use in cocktails and sodas.
Northair Portable Countertop Clear Ice Maker
This is a great ice maker for anyone who wants to make up to 26 lbs. of bullet-shaped ice cubes in 24 hours. It’s a simple and straightforward ice maker with an easy-to-use LED control panel, 2.2 litre water tank and removable ice basket and scoop. The Northair Portable Countertop Clear Ice Maker also has automatic overflow prevention so you won’t have to worry about any accidents while it’s making your ice.
The Northair Portable Countertop Clear Ice Maker is the best overall clear ice maker because it can make up to 26 lbs of clear bullet-shaped ice cubes per day, which means you’ll have enough for friends or that big summer cookout planned.
What we liked:
- It’s a simple and straightforward ice maker with an easy-to-use LED control panel, 2.2 litre water tank and removable ice basket and scoop.
- The Northair Portable Countertop Clear Ice Maker also has automatic overflow prevention so you won’t have to worry about any accidents while it’s making your ice.
- It can make up to 26 lbs of bullet-shaped ice cubes in 24 hours.
Vremi Countertop Clear Ice Maker
This countertop unit makes clear ice and also happens to be both portable and affordable. The compact 2.2-liter tank can make 26 pounds of ice in a 24-hour period, which means that you’ll always have plenty of ice on hand. The modern design is attractive enough to be left out on the counter, but small enough to be tucked away when not in use. It’s easy to use, thanks to the LCD control panel that features a timer function and indicator lights for when it needs more water or if the bin is full.
It measures 9.5 x 12 x 13.5 inches, weighs 20 pounds and holds up to 1.5 pounds of ice at a time with five sizes of pellets (small, medium, large cube options plus bullet-shaped pieces). It comes with everything you need for assembly except for common tools like a screwdriver and pliers — but don’t fret: no drilling of holes are required!
What we liked:
- It’s a small and compact unit, easy to use and quiet.
- It measures 9.5 x 12 x 13.5 inches, weighs 20 pounds and holds up to 1.5 pounds of ice at a time with five sizes of pellets (small, medium, large cube options plus bullet-shaped pieces).
- It comes with everything you need for assembly except for common tools like a screwdriver and pliers — but don’t fret: no drilling of holes are required!
- It produces clear ice, not cloudy.
- It’s easy to use and quiet.
SOOPYK Clear Ice Makers Countertop
This ice maker can produce 9 clear ice cubes in 5-8 minutes. It’s equipped with a smart LED display and automatic overflow protection, so it’s easy to use. The design is stylish and compact, making it great for your home or office.
The ice maker uses R600a refrigerant and has an effective cooling system that won’t take up much space on your countertop, as well as advanced insulation technology that keeps the cold air in and the hot air out. That means you won’t have to worry about your electricity bill being too high!
It also has a full set of safety features such as UL certification, power outage protection, safe touch outer shell material (so you don’t get burned by touching it), anti-skid feet pads on each side for stability, anti-scalding top lid design (keeps hands safe from getting accidentally scalded when removing newly made ice cubes), automatic opening door closure system to prevent leaks or spills during operation time periods longer than 8 hours (which will turn off automatically after 8 hours of being left unattended)
What we liked:
- This unit can make 9 clear ice cubes in 5-8 minutes.
- It’s equipped with a smart LED display and automatic overflow protection, so it’s easy to use.
- The design is stylish and compact, making it great for your home or office.
- The ice maker uses R600a refrigerant and has an effective cooling system that won’t take up much space on your countertop, as well as advanced insulation technology that keeps the cold air in and the hot air out.
Silonn Clear Ice Makers Countertop
The Silonn is a capable clear ice maker that produces 9 bullet ice cubes every 6-8 minutes. As such, it can make about 26 pounds of clear ice every 24 hours, which isn’t bad!
It has a 2-liter water reservoir and a 2.2-liter ice basket. Both are detachable and easy to clean. If the ice basket becomes full, the machine will shut itself off automatically to prevent overfilling. The control panel also indicates when the reservoir or basket need refilling or emptying, respectively.
A nice little feature of this machine is that it comes with an included scoop, so you don’t have to worry about finding one separately if you need it!
What we liked:
- It’s a small, efficient machine that can produce up to 26 pounds of clear ice cubes per day.
- It comes with an included scoop, which is nice so you don’t have to find one separately.
- It has two detachable water reservoirs, making it easy to maintain and clean.
Frigidaire EFIC452-SS BLACK XL Clear Ice Cube Maker
The best part about this clear ice maker by Frigidaire is that it makes 26 lbs. of ice in 24 hours. It’s a free-standing unit that measures 20 x 15 x 33 inches and weighs 70 pounds. The power consumption is 300W, and the voltage required is 120V/60Hz. There are two LED indicators, one for cleaning and the other for when water needs to be added to the reservoir.
Ice cubes are ready in as little as six minutes after the unit is plugged in because it has a built-in compressor freezer. It also has a sensor that lets you know when to add more water or empty the ice basket so you don’t have to keep checking on it yourself. You can choose between three different sizes of clear ice cubes: bullet, nugget or gourmet. There’s also an indicator light that tells you when it’s time to clean your machine so you can always make sure your ice tastes fresh!
The only drawback with this Frigidaire model is that it doesn’t come with a drain pump included; however, there’s an optional one available if needed (sold separately).
What we liked:
- It’s a nice, compact unit that’s well-built and easy to clean.
- It makes 26 lbs. of clear ice in 24 hours.
- It has a built-in compressor freezer, so no need to wait long before your ice cubes are ready.
- The machine will shut itself off when it senses that the ice basket is full.
CROWNFUL Clear Ice Maker with Auto Self-Cleaning
As the name suggests, this ice maker can make clear ice cubes. (In case you are new to clear ice, it’s what you see at a bar and is preferred for its crystal-like clarity compared to cloudy white ice.) So if you want to take your home bar setup to the next level, include this in your kitchen.
It can make up to 24 clear ice cubes in 13 minutes. If you are in a hurry, it also has a quick mode that lets you create 9 bullets within 5 minutes. And since it has a large storage capacity of 2 pounds, you can store up to 40 pounds of ice every day! The best part is that all you have to do is just press one button and wait patiently while your beverage gets even more enjoyable with these perfect cubes.
The CROWNFUL Clear Ice Maker comes with an auto cleaning function so there’s no need for maintenance. And owing to its sleek and compact design, it fits most countertops effortlessly! It also has an easy-to-read digital display and removable basket for easy removal of the ice cubes. If portability is what makes or breaks your purchase decision then know that the handle makes transporting it very convenient too!
What we liked:
- It has an auto-cleaning function so there’s no need for maintenance.
- It can make up to 38 lbs of clear ice cubes every day!
- It has a large, 2-pound storage capacity.
- It has an easy-to-read digital display and removable basket for easy removal of the ice cubes.
DUURA DI50P 65Lb Premium Clear Ice Cube Maker Machine
The DUURA DI50P 65Lb Premium Clear Ice Cube Maker Machine is a great choice for anyone who wants to make large block ice at home. This unit can make up to 65lbs of clear ice cubes in 24 hours, which is great for commercial use or if you are constantly entertaining guests at home. The storage capacity is also quite large, as it features a 65lb bin, so you will never run out of ice cubes.
It also comes with three ice size options and the controls are very easy to use. The machine is also very easy to clean and maintain, even though it requires a plumbing connection. It can be plugged into any standard 110V outlet and does not require a drain connection.
The only downside about this product is that it’s a bit on the expensive side and many people may not be able to afford it. However, if you’re looking for something that offers premium functionality without having anything extra attached to it then this would be the perfect option for you! It’s well worth every penny spent since no other ice maker can produce crystal clear blocks like this one does! Another thing worth mentioning here would be its energy-efficient design because that means less electricity usage throughout long periods of time too!
What we liked:
- It can produce up to 65 lbs. of clear ice cubes in just 24 hours.
- It has a large storage capacity and even features an ice scoop so you won’t have to keep buying them separately.
- The controls are very easy to use, making it very user-friendly.
- It’s equipped with a PVC plumbing connection that requires no drain connection so there is no need to worry about leaks or flooding.
Sentern Portable Countertop Clear Ice Maker
Boasting the highest production rate on this list, the Sentern Portable Countertop Clear Ice Maker can make up to 26 pounds of clear ice cubes per day. If you need a lot of clear ice for your parties or events, this machine will not let you down.
Ideal for bars, coffee shops, and other commercial establishments that need clear ice for their brews or cocktails; it is also a perfect option for families who regularly host dinner parties or entertain guests. The device is small enough to fit anywhere inside your house or on your bar countertop without taking too much space. But don’t let its size fool you! This little machine has a mighty cold compressor that produces crystal-clear ice cubes in just two minutes!
Because this model uses less water to manufacture each cube and operates quietly, it is an excellent choice if you are looking to save money on electricity bills while going easy on the environment at the same time.
What we liked:
- It’s produced the highest amount of clear ice per day in comparison to other devices.
- It has a small footprint that won’t take much space in your bar countertop or kitchen.
- It comes with a stainless steel storage bin that’s easy to remove and clean.
- It uses less water than most other models on this list, making it more efficient and eco-friendly at the same time.
FOOING Automatic Self-Cleaning Ice Maker Machine Countertop
This portable ice maker comes with an automatic cleaning function. It is the best clear ice maker because it gives you the option to customize your transparent cubes by selecting from small, medium, or large size. You can also choose between steel and black color for the body of this machine. It has a 2.2-liter water tank capacity which will hold enough water for up to 13 minutes of continuous use at a time!
The FOOING Automatic Self-Cleaning Ice Maker Machine Countertop produces clear crystal ice cubes in just under 15 minutes from start-up if there’s already cold water inside of it already (and less than 7 minutes after being plugged up). This is one of our top picks because not only does it come with stainless steel exterior material but its panels have an anti-corrosion layer that prevents rusting over time so even though these may cost more upfront they’ll be worth their weight in gold later down when other machines are falling apart around you!
What we liked:
- It’s affordable and can produce up to 26 lbs. of clear ice cubes per day.
- It has an auto-cleaning function so there’s no need for maintenance.
- It can produce crystal clear ice cubes in just under 15 minutes!
What To Look For When Choosing The Best Clear Ice Maker
Cubed ice is one of the most popular ice types for entertaining and drinking. The clear, angular shapes of the cubes make them easy to stack and store in containers without taking up too much space. With the right equipment, you can easily produce large quantities of cubed ice at home.
Ice makers are available in a variety of styles, from freestanding units that take up floor space to built-in appliances that fit seamlessly into your kitchen cabinetry or countertop. If you’re thinking about buying a clear ice maker, there are some important features to look for when shopping around.
Ice makers range in capacity from less than 20 pounds of ice per day to as much as 50 pounds or more. However, if you’re looking for a clear ice maker, you’ll generally need to buy a larger unit. Clear ice makes use of a different freezing process than traditional cloudy nugget or flaked types of ice, so it’s only available with select brands that have bigger production capacities.
If you want a portable option for your clear ice maker, opt for a smaller undercounter appliance or freestanding model with caster wheels for easy movement throughout your home. It’s often easier to transport these units if they’re stored in a closet or on a shelf, because the clear ice cubes don’t take up much space.
3. Noise Levels
If you’re looking for a clear ice maker that you can use in restaurants or other commercial settings, make sure to test the noise levels of units before you place them in your kitchen. Home clear ice makers are typically very quiet, but some models have loud humms and buzzes that can be disruptive to conversations throughout your home. If they bother you too much, look elsewhere for your machine. However, keep in mind that some noise is natural and is actually part of the ice-making process.
4. Ease of Use and Cleaning
A clear ice maker should be as simple to use as any other kitchen appliance. The larger units may have digital controls and a number of settings to help you customize the unit’s performance, but they shouldn’t take up much real estate on your countertop or require any special maintenance on your part. It’s also important that the ice maker is easy to clean, so you can keep it working for many years to come.
Most clear ice makers come with one-year warranties, but you might be able to find more comprehensive coverage from certain manufacturers or retailers. It’s always a good idea to look for long-term protection when buying a new appliance. Most customers receive satisfying levels of customer support if they have any trouble with their machines during the warranty period.
Are clear ice cubes better?
While you can make clear ice at home, it’s not necessarily better than cloudy. Clear ice is often hailed as the “better” ice for drinks, but that isn’t really true. The difference in clarity is purely aesthetic and mostly just a matter of preference.
How can I make my ice cubes clear?
The easiest way to make clear ice is to use a dedicated at-home clear ice maker, but they can be pricey. If you don’t have the budget for one of those machines, however, you can try making your own by boiling water first and then freezing it in an ice tray or silicone mold.
Do ice machines make clear ice?
Yes—but not always. The type of water you use will affect the clarity of your cubes. If you’re looking for crystal-clear cubes, use distilled or filtered water in your machine instead of tap water for the clearest results. You should also steer clear of machines that use a plastic mold to freeze the cubes; plastic leaves a frosty residue behind as it melts off the cubes, clouding them up slightly.
Do any refrigerators make clear ice?
Yes, some refrigerators are made with water filters that filter your tap water and an ice maker that makes clear ice cubes. If you don’t like the taste of your tap water or if you just want clear ice cubes, look for a refrigerator with these two features.
The best clear ice maker will deliver a steady supply of clear ice to your home. You need to ensure that you choose the right model for your needs, especially if you regularly entertain guests. Clear ice makers are a great addition to any home bar or man cave, and they can be used for commercial purposes as well.
Once you have chosen clear ice maker for your home, it is important to take care of it properly so that it lasts for years. Some models require water filters, so make sure that you keep up with the maintenance schedule.
There are many different brands of clear ice makers on the market today, and some are better than others. Make sure that you do your research before purchasing one so that you get the best product for your money.