- What Is A Faucet Water Filter?
- Why Should I Need A Water Filter For Faucets?
- Top 10 Best Water Filter for Faucets Reviewed
- #1 Brita Basic Water Filter for Faucets
- #2 PUR RF3375 Faucet-Mounted Water Filter
- #3 PUR PLUS PFM350V Faucet Water Filter
- #4 PUR PLUS FM3700 Water Filter for Faucet
- #5 WINGSOL Faucet Water Filter System
- #6 PUR Plus PFM400H Faucet Water Filter
- #7 PUR PLUS FM4000B Faucet Filter
- #8 Waterdrop WD-FC-01 Water Filter for Faucet
- #9 iSpring DF2-CHR Faucet Mount Water Filter
- #10 DuPont WFFM100XCH Water Faucet Filtration System
- What To Look For In A Water Filter for Faucet
- FAQs about Water Filter for Faucets
A Water Filter for Faucet is a small, compact unit that attaches directly to your kitchen faucet. Faucet filters provide clean, filtered water straight from the tap. They are quite convenient as they do not require any additional hardware or plumbing to install and can be done in minutes by simply screwing them on to the end of your faucet.
Most faucet filters use carbon filtration to remove contaminants from the water, although some more expensive units may use reverse osmosis filtration instead. Faucet filters are a great choice if you want convenience at an affordable price and don’t mind refilling a water reservoir every few weeks.
What Is A Faucet Water Filter?
The faucet mount water filter is a water purifier or water filtration system that can be attached to the faucet. It is an easily accessible and cost-effective method of ensuring you and your family have access to clean water. The water filter for faucets is also known as tap water filters. This type of filter is very popular in places where the water supply has high contamination. It is also popular in homes with children as it ensures they are drinking safe water.
Faucet mount water filters are one of the best filters in the market today, considering the many benefits they offer users. They are easy to install, maintain, and use. Most of them come with a long lifespan, which means you would not have to keep buying a new one.
Why Should I Need A Water Filter For Faucets?
Faucet water filter has a lot of advantages for many people. It is very important for people to drink healthy water and get rid of unhealthy water. The healthy water should be free from lead, chlorine, mercury and other harmful substances. As we know that tap water will contain more bacteria and microorganisms. We should drink clean water every day to keep our body health. The reasons why you need a faucet mount filter:
- The faucet mount filter can help you save money; you don’t need to buy bottled water any more, just install the faucet mount filter on your faucet, then you can get clean water for drinking and cooking at home.
- The faucet mount filter is easy to install and use it; the installation process is very simple, but you need to make sure that your faucet is compatible with the filter’s connection type.
- The faucet mount filters are also known as point-of-use filters because they only treat the water that comes out of one outlet in your home — usually at your kitchen sink. It is a good choice if you want to save space in your kitchen and do not want another item taking up space on your countertop.
- Even though they take up limited space, they usually include advanced features that give you more control over the quality of your water. You can activate the filters when you need them and turn them off when they are not needed. This can save time and money by preventing unnecessary filter runs.
- The faucet mount filters have a lot of benefits including saving money and space.
Top 10 Best Water Filter for Faucets Reviewed
#1 Brita Basic Water Filter for Faucets
The Brita Basic Water Filter for Faucets is simple to install, reduces particulates and chlorine taste and odor to make tap water taste great. This faucet filter easily attaches to standard faucets, and has an indicator that lets you know when it is time for a replacement. The space efficient design will fit your kitchen decor with style. It filters up to 100 gallons of tap water, reducing particulates and chlorine taste and odor. Replace the filter every two months for most effective performance.
The Brita products have always been about simplicity, so when you’re looking for a quick and easy way to get great-tasting water without the waste of bottled water, Brita is the natural choice. It’s simple: we use our advanced filtration technology to remove impurities from ordinary tap water using our unique Brita filters. So in addition to great-tasting filtered water, you can feel better knowing that by using Brita products you are helping to reduce plastic waste.
What we liked:
- Space efficient design fits neatly on most kitchen sink faucets
- Three-stage filtration; reduces chlorine taste, odor and sediment
- Built-in filter indicator lets you know when it’s time to change the filter.
- Reduces particulate that may be found in tap water
#2 PUR RF3375 Faucet-Mounted Water Filter
The PUR RF3375 Water Filter for Faucet is a convenient, user-friendly way to filter your drinking water and reduce sediment, lead, cysts and more. Simply install the filter on your faucet and get fresh, clean water in seconds.
The 3-stage filtration system improves the taste of your water by reducing contaminants like lead, mercury, asbestos and industrial pollutants. The filters also remove 99 percent of microorganisms like giardia and cryptosporidium that can make you sick.
Each filter provides up to 100 gallons of clean water before needing replacement — about three months’ worth of drinking water for a family of four. For best results, replace the filter every two months or whenever the indicator light turns red.
What we liked:
- Its three-stage filtration process reduces lead, chlorine and other harmful substances from your water.
- Easily attaches to your kitchen faucet.
- It even reduces pharmaceuticals, which make it into our water supply through improper disposal.
- The included replacement provides up to 100 gallons of purified water or lasts 3 months, whichever comes first.
#3 PUR PLUS PFM350V Faucet Water Filter
The PUR PLUS PFM350V Water Filter for Faucet is our top pick because it reduces more contaminants than other filters on the market and does so at a great price. It’s also got a long lifespan, excellent flow rate and many customers rave about how easy it is to install.
This Water Filter uses Mineral Core technology to reduce 10x more contaminants than the leading brand’s standard filter. This means you can drink with confidence no matter where you live. The filter also reduces chlorine taste and odor, making tap water taste better than ever before.
With a 100-gallon capacity, this water filter will last 200 times longer than the standard PUR filter, which means fewer trips to the store to buy replacement filters. Plus, its high flow rate means you’ll never have to wait too long for filtered water.
What we liked:
- Mineral Core technology – Activated carbon wrapped around a mineral core for enhanced contaminant reduction.
- Three stages of filtration – Filters the water over natural minerals for a crisp, refreshing taste.
- Built-in electronic filter life indicator lets you know when it is time to replace your water filter.
- Easy to attach – This water filter attaches quickly and easily to most standard faucets without tools.
#4 PUR PLUS FM3700 Water Filter for Faucet
This PUR PLUS FM3700 Water Filter for Faucet is a small size faucet filter system that fits on most standard faucets. The filter uses Mineral Clear technology to make your water taste great. It reduces chlorine, limescale, heavy metals, and more than 70 other impurities while retaining the healthy minerals in your water. The filter can be set up in less than five minutes and lasts for up to 100 gallons of filtered water.
It uses a two-stage filtration system that reduces lead and 10x more contaminants than leading brands of faucet filters. It reduces 70 contaminants, including chlorine (taste and odor), lead, mercury, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, industrial chemicals (VOCs) and more.
The Mineral Clear technology used in this PUR PLUS FM3700 model retains the beneficial minerals in your water while reducing impurities. It also has an electronic indicator that lets you know when it’s time to replace the filter before its lifespan ends. The filter can also be attached without any tools and does not require plumbing skills to install.
What we liked:
- Removes up to 70 contaminants including 99% of Lead so water is healthy, safe and clean.
- Filters up to 100 gallons or 3 months (whichever comes first)
- PUR MineralClear filters reduce 10x more contaminants than the leading brand.
- Eliminates odors and leaves you with a fresh clean taste that you can trust.
- PUR’s unique Mineral Clear technology filter water over natural minerals for a crisp, refreshing taste.
#5 WINGSOL Faucet Water Filter System
The WINGSOL Water Filter for Faucet comes with advanced filtration technology. It can reduce sediment, rust, chloramine, fluoride and other contaminants in tap water. You can enjoy clean, healthier and better tasting water straight from your tap.
This water filter is designed for family use. It is made of 304 food-grade stainless steel. The cartridge has a large capacity of 320 gallons and a long service life of 6 months. Its high water flow rate is 3L/min, which provides you with a continuous flow of filtered water and eliminates the need to wait between filling containers. The installation is also very easy, it only takes 5 minutes to complete the task with one wrench.
What we liked:
- Hygienic one-piece housing, no welding cracks, no leaks.
- Long-lasting filter cartridge with 320G capacity, no need to replace frequently.
- One-stage high quality filtration to remove chlorine, lead and other contaminants.
- The special designed internal water inlet system ensures a high water flow rate of 3L/min.
- 304 stainless steel body and plastic shell, rustproof.
- Environmentally friendly materials for healthy drinking water.
#6 PUR Plus PFM400H Faucet Water Filter
The PUR Plus PFM400H Water Filter for Faucet is one of the best faucet-mounted filtration systems that you can get today. It is not only budget-friendly, but it has a wide array of features that make it a top choice for many consumers.
This PUR water filter features Mineral Core technology. This means it contains an ion exchange resin that can enhance the taste and smell of your water. It can also reduce contaminants like lead and mercury, which is important if you live in an area where these chemicals are present in your water system. While you may find some faucet filters that have a similar price tag, they may not be as efficient as this model from PUR. This filter can reduce up to 70 different contaminants and maintain the minerals that are essential to good health.
The PUR Plus PFM400H Water Filter for Faucet is designed with a vertical design so it works with most standard faucets with ease. You don’t need any tools to install this filter because it is designed to work using one motion: twist and lock! You just need to attach the adapter on your faucet first before twisting on the filter.
What we liked:
- This filter uses Mineral Core technology that combines trace minerals with activated carbon to improve the taste and quality of your water.
- This PUR faucet mount replacement filter is certified to reduce 70 contaminants including 99% of lead, 92% of pesticides and 96% of mercury.
- Built-in filter indicator tracks your filter life and reminds you when to replace it (about every 6 months).
- It works up to three months or 100 gallons, so you can be sure you have clean drinking water at all times.
#7 PUR PLUS FM4000B Faucet Filter
The PUR PLUS FM4000B Water Filter for Faucet is certified to reduce over 70 contaminants, including 99% of lead and 96% of mercury. It also removes 96% of trace levels of pharmaceuticals plus many other contaminants.
This Water Filter uses MineralClear technology to help provide you with cleaner, great-tasting water. The MineralClear refrigerated faucet refill filter uses a natural mineral process to help reduce impurities while leaving behind beneficial fluoride. When used with a PUR faucet filtration system, this refill filter helps reduce over 70 contaminants, including 99% of lead, 92% of pesticides and 96% mercury.
When you drink from your PUR PLUS faucet filtration system and enjoy great-tasting tap water that’s healthier for your whole family. It lasts for up to 100 gallons or 3 months, whichever comes first. The electronic filter indicator on your PUR FWater Filter flashes when it’s time to change the refill.
What we liked:
- The Water Filter gives you cleaner, great tasting water at an affordable price.
- Removes up to 70 contaminants including 99% of Lead, 92% of pesticides, 96% Mercury and many more.
- It’s certified to reduce chlorine (taste and odor) for up to 100 gallons.
- The replacement filter indicator lets you know when it’s time to change the filter.
- With a PUR faucet filter you can get healthier, cleaner, better-tasting water straight from your tap.
#8 Waterdrop WD-FC-01 Water Filter for Faucet
The Waterdrop WD-FC-01 Water Filter for Faucet provides 320 gallons of refreshing water for your daily use. The water filter can be used to purify tap and well water. The 0.5 micron pre-filter effectively traps sediments and removes impurities, such as rust, dirt and other particles from the water. The advanced coconut shell carbon block filter is made up of three layers of carbon that eliminate chlorine, bad taste and odor from the water. The high-quality carbon block is certified by the NSF International to reduce lead and 70 other contaminants.
The filter adopts leak-proof technology with a solid seal between housing and cap for no water leakage. There are no tools required for an easy installation process, so you can enjoy safer and refreshing water in minutes!
What we liked:
- Waterdrop filters are NSF 42 certified.
- Providing you with safer and refreshing water by reducing chlorine, odors and particulates such as cysts and lindane.
- 320 gallons longer filter life: The advanced coconut shell carbon block filter can provide 320 gallons of cleaner water.
- Leak-proof design for maximum safety: The faucet water filter adopts innovative leak-proof technology.
#9 iSpring DF2-CHR Faucet Mount Water Filter
The iSpring DF2-CHR Water Filter for Faucet is an efficient filter that can fit in any faucet. It works quickly and effectively in reducing chlorine, bad taste, odor, and sediment in your water. It also helps to remove lead and other heavy metals, which are harmful to your health.
The iSpring DF2-CHR has a deep filtration capability. It uses a combination of carbon block filters that ensure the highest quality water for drinking or cooking. The filters will last for up to 500 gallons of water or about 6 months before needing replacement.
It’s made from food-grade BPA-free plastic and is safe for consumption. This inline filter fits on standard faucets and comes with all the parts needed for installation such as mounting brackets, filter cartridges, and wrenches. Installation is quick and easy and requires no tools. You can easily replace the used filter cartridges when needed by simply twisting them off and replacing them with new ones. This model has a built-in shut off valve to make cartridge changeovers easy without having to turn off the water supply to your home.
What we liked:
- The iSpring ceramic faucet water filter features deep filtration capability
- It is able to effectively reduce chlorine, sediment, odor, rust and heavy metals such as lead, mercury, copper and others.
- The filter is expected to last for up to 500 gallons of filtered water or about 6 months before it needs replacement.
- The filter housing is made from food-grade BPA-free plastic which is both durable and health-friendly.
- The filter can be easily mounted on all standard faucets with its universal adapter.
#10 DuPont WFFM100XCH Water Faucet Filtration System
The DuPont WFFM100XCH Water Filter for Faucet are designed to provide healthier, better-tasting drinking water. DuPont is a global leader in the development and production of high performance filtration systems. Our innovative products help improve the quality of water used for drinking and cooking, while reducing the amount of harmful contaminants that can cause illness and damage to household appliances.
This Water Filter is compatible with standard faucets and offers high performance filtration reducing sediment, chlorine taste and odor. It improves the taste, odor and clarity of your water. The filter can be easily attached to most kitchen faucets without tools or plumbers. It has a built-in electronic filter life indicator that reminds you when it’s time to replace the cartridge for optimal performance (Cartridge lasts between 2-3 months). Change cartridges every two months or 200 gallons for clean fresh tasting water.
What we liked:
- This faucet filter features a high performance filtration system that reduces sediment and chlorine taste and odor.
- It has a built-in microban antimicrobial product protection that inhibits the growth of mold, mildew, fungi and bacteria on the cartridge housing and media.
- The built-in electronic indicator signals when to replace the filter.
- It attaches easily to your existing faucet without the need for tools or plumbing.
- The DuPont is easy to install, simply attach to your faucet, turn on your water and enjoy filtered water right from your tap.
What To Look For In A Water Filter for Faucet
When shopping for a faucet water filter, you need to be aware of the filtering system and its capabilities. You also need to consider capacity, convenience, and maintenance.
The first thing you need to look at in a faucet water filter is the filtration system. A good filtration system will remove contaminants while leaving behind beneficial minerals. Contaminants include lead, mercury, chlorine, sediment and other pollutants. The filtration systems vary in quality and price as well as in the type of material used for the filter media. The most common include activated carbon, reverse osmosis, ion exchange resins and distillation.
The second thing you need to look at when shopping for a faucet water filter is capacity. Capacity should be one of your top concerns when shopping for a new filter for your home or office. A good water filter has an easy-to-read indicator that lets you know when it’s time to change the cartridge or replace the entire unit. Some filters have a timer that tells you how long it will take before your next cartridge needs to be changed while others have an electronic readout that displays the current level of impurities in your tap water. Capacity can also be a function of your faucet’s water flow. If the tap water is very cold or hard, the cartridge will need to be changed more frequently than with hot or soft water.
The third thing you need to consider in your choice of a faucet filter is convenience. No one wants to spend all day changing cartridges or cartridges that don’t last very long as it can take quite a while and many frustrating experiences before you find the right filter for your specific home or office. Having a higher capacity unit that is easy to clean and change will go a long way towards making your life easier and less stressful.
The final thing you need to look at when choosing a faucet water filter is the maintenance required. Most of the filters on the market are very easy to install, but they are not maintenance-free. You need to check the bottle of cleaner or cartridge you use after every single filter change and ensure it’s still effective before starting to use the system again.
One of the easiest ways to improve your home’s water quality is to install a faucet filter on your kitchen taps. Not only will it eliminate lead and chloramines, but it will also reduce bacteria and other contaminants that can be present in your tap water. Most faucet filters are relatively easy to install and usually require no more than 15 minutes of your time.
Remember, installing a faucet filter is much easier than changing a cartridge. You do not need to take your sink apart or deal with low water pressure at the faucet. All you have to do is connect the unit to your faucet and install it in the dishwasher when you’re done.
FAQs about Water Filter for Faucets
1. How does a faucet filter work?
Filtered water is delivered to your tap via a diverter valve, which sits on top of the faucet and directs unfiltered water down the spout and filtered water up through the filter. When you flip the diverter valve down, unfiltered tap water flows through your faucet as normal. When it’s flipped up, the flow is diverted up through the filter.
2. Which filter is right for me?
Whether you want filtered water for drinking and cooking or just cooking, there are filters designed to meet your needs. Filters designed for drinking and cooking have a greater capacity, allowing them to produce more filtered water than those designed only for cooking. The type of contaminants you’re looking to remove plays a role in choosing a system as well. If you’re looking for basic filtration, there are standard filters that reduce chlorine taste and odor, particulates and sediment, lead and mercury. Premium filters go beyond those standards to reduce or remove additional contaminants, such as lead, cryptosporidium and total dissolved solids.
3. Relation between the filter cartridges and their performance?
The pore size of the filter medium has a significant impact on the performance of a carbon block water filter. The pore sizes are measured in microns. It’s important to understand that just because a cartridge is certified to remove certain contaminants, it may not be able to remove them all. The more pores you have on a carbon block water filter, the more contaminants it can remove. More pores also mean that fewer contaminants can pass through.
4. Can an instant hot water dispenser be used with a faucet filter?
Yes, it’s possible to use an instant hot water dispenser with a faucet mounted carbon filter. However, if the water you’re filtering is colder than room temperature, you may need to run cold water into your sink for a few seconds before you can get hot water from your dispenser. This is because carbon filters must remove some of the chlorine from the incoming water to function properly. Chlorine will evaporate at room temperature so if your incoming cold water is below room temperature, then the less chlorine there will be in the filtered water coming out of your dispenser.
There you have it, our guide and review of the best faucet water filters on the market. We hope that this article has been helpful in helping you to decide which faucet filter is the best for your needs.
A Water Filter for Faucet can be a great addition to your kitchen, giving you cleaner drinking water for yourself and your family. If you are looking for a more comprehensive overview of different types of water filtration systems for your home, we recommend reading our Water Filter Buying Guide.
If you think a faucet water filter is not exactly what you need, but you still want to upgrade your tap water quality with a home filtration system, check out our under sink water filter reviews or reverse osmosis system reviews.