- List Of 10 Best Food Processors For Kneading Dough
- #1: MAGICCOS 7-in-1 Multifunctional 8 Cup Food Processor for Making Bread Dough
- #2: Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor
- #3: Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed 10-Cup Food Processor
- #4: Cuisinart Dough Kneading Food Processor
- #5: Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor
- #6: Cuisinart FP-8SVP1 Elemental 8 Cup Food Processor
- #7: KitchenAid KFP1466CU 14-Cup Food Processor
- #8: Hamilton Beach Professional Stack & Snap Food Processor
- #9: Cuisinart FP-14DCN Elite Collection 2.0 14 Cup Food Processor, Die Cast
- #10: NutriChef NCFP8 Ultra Quiet 600 Watt Powered Electric Processor
- What To Look For In A Food Processor For Kneading Dough
You’ve probably heard of the best food processors for chopping veggies, but have you heard of the best food processors for kneading dough? We’ve reviewed some of the best products on the market that can handle your bread-making needs. If you’re looking for a new way to save time and energy when making pizza, bread, and other doughy treats, then you’re in luck!
List Of 10 Best Food Processors For Kneading Dough
#1: MAGICCOS 7-in-1 Multifunctional 8 Cup Food Processor for Making Bread Dough
You’re looking for the best food processor to make your day even easier in the kitchen, and if that’s what you are in search of then you might want to consider a Magiccos Food Processor.
This comes complete with various attachment and blades. From dough blade to slicing blade, you can do a wide range of jobs with it. You can also chop vegetables and meat with the chopping blade included.
Another thing that makes it one of the best food processors under $100 is that it features speeds so you are able to choose which speed will be perfect for each different job you will use it for.
It also includes a dough blade so you can knead your dough and get it ready to be baked into bread, bagels, cookies and more. As if that wasn’t enough already there is a timer so that you are able to program the processor to stop working in a minute or so.
This processor also comes with a locking lid that prevents ingredients from spilling over or getting out of place likewise it features four suction cups on the bottom of the food processor which keeps the food processor firmly on the countertop.
Why we like it:
- Comes with many attachments and blades.
- Comes with various speeds.
- Includes a dough blade.
- Comes with a locking lid to prevent ingredients from spilling.
- Features four suction cups on the bottom of the food processor to keep it firmly in place on your countertop.
#2: Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor
This is the perfect way to make your favorite dish quickly. It’s able to slice, chop, whisk and knead with no problem – even get a freebie with its own juicer attachment.
If you’re looking for a good food processor for kneading dough, this is probably the best you can find. The fact that it’s powered by just 600 watts gives you the ability to process small amounts of food at full speed, or fill large sinks with bigger portions of food.
The blade has 3 different speeds, so that you can easily get the exact results you want with your dough. The pre-set speeds are great and easy to use, and ensures very even results – so you don’t have to be afraid of overloading it because it’s going to start slowing down when it gets full.
It’s a very easy machine to use, too. All you have to do is put the ingredients in the bowl and press start (for a few seconds until the motor starts up) or blend, blend, blend. It even has cool accents that make it look good on your countertop. It even comes with an option for you to juice or shred, so there’s no way you’ll have to go out of your way to get those vitamins – just mash and grind away!
The power for this machine is incredibly smooth and quiet. The food processor is powerful and gives you more control over how much stuff you can process at once. The blades are also very sharp.
Why we like it:
- Blades made from stainless steel
- Pulp container that’s very easy to clean
- Safety locking arm prevents cuts and injuries
- Dough mode that kneads your food until the dough is the perfect consistency
#3: Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed 10-Cup Food Processor
This simple, yet efficient device has all the right tools for you to perform practically every task. From slicing vegetables to kneading dough, this food processor will take care of all your needs in the kitchen.
The blade’s thickness is perfect for slicing and chopping vegetables while the work bowl can store ingredients when they have been used up. The machine is quiet and it isn’t too big that you won’t be able to store it easily in your kitchen cabinets! If you want to prepare something quickly, just pre-cook different ingredients in advance. Then, throw them all together to have your dish ready in no time! This is one of the best food processors for kneading dough!
Why we like it:
- 500-watt motor
- 2-speed control (high, low)
- 10-cup work bowl and feed tube
- Multi-purpose blade, 2 reversible slicing/shredding discs, dough blade, reversible shredding disc with medium and fine slicing blades.
#4: Cuisinart Dough Kneading Food Processor
This processor is a professional-level processor that offers convenience and versatility. The 600-watt motor platform separates the materials with its powerful operation; the extra large feed tube holds whole fruits and vegetables and on/ off-pulse for easy paddle control plus the extra-large feed tube holds whole fruits and vegetables; the stainless steel medium shredding disc, medium slicing disc (4mm), detachable disc stem, compact flat cover, spatula and small and large pushers plus an instruction/ recipe book. This model is BPA free, dishwasher safe yet easy to clean.
Why we like it:
- 600 watts powerful motor
- Extra-large feed tube holds whole fruits and vegetables
- On and off switch with pulse control
- Large, convenient on/ off button at the top of the handle,
- Stainless steel medium shredding disc
#5: Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor
The most powerful kitchen food processor. Three blades and three speeds. The heaviest duty in food processing power. Performance perfection with no holes in the bottom of the pan or mixing bowl! This processor has 4 Auto-iQ intelligent preset programs to make food prep easier. Use the pulse setting for chopping herbs, using the slow setting for smooth sauces and cookie dough, and using the high-speed for creating pizza dough or cardamom ginger snaps!
The 9-cup (72-oz.) Precision Processor Bowl is extra wide to fit more ingredients in at once. The processor bowl is made of high quality borosilicate glass that makes it durable and safe to use on a daily basis. The tight fitting lid will keep your work area free of messes when you are processing larger quantities of food.
The Ninja 1000-Peak-Watt Motor Base has a limited lifetime warranty. If the motor fails due to faulty workmanship or materials, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge.
This is one of the best food processors in 2018. It is very powerful, comes with a lot of accessories and offers amazing performance. It is well made. The motor is built to last you for years and years of use without needing any repairs or maintenance on your part.
Why we like it:
- Provides the highest level of versatility and performance
- Extra-large BPA-free plastic bowl that is perfect for big chunks of ingredients
- Attractive and durable stainless steel design, dishwasher safe
- Includes three chopping blades, pulse and low-speed, high-speed and whisk options
- The motor is over 1000 watts and has a peak output of 1200 watts
- The BPA-free plastic bowl is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Includes one extra blade and one recipe book (you can purchase two more if you would like)
#6: Cuisinart FP-8SVP1 Elemental 8 Cup Food Processor
This 8 cup food processor will help you make your holiday baking as easy and delicious as possible. With its 350 watt power unit, this machine can handle any task efficiently and painlessly. With the reversible shredding and slicing discs, you’ll be able to create different garnishes and toppings for your holiday treats quickly and easily.
The integrated feed tube directly into the work bowl allows you to add ingredients while the machine is spinning, making the cooking process even more efficient. Plus, with its high, low and pulse function, you can handle all of your food processing needs with ease while still maintaining complete control over the blade. This product is also easy to clean because all of its parts are dishwasher safe and BPA free.
Why we like it:
- 350 watt power unit provides the power you need for efficient performance
- Reversible shredding and slicing disc for handling any task
- Integrated feed tube eases the cooking process by allowing you to add ingredients while the machine is running
- Pulse function provides control over the blade without having to use a separate control dial
- Easy to clean with all of its parts being dishwasher safe and BPA free
#7: KitchenAid KFP1466CU 14-Cup Food Processor
This ultra-functional processor has a stunning look. It features beautiful silver and black colours, with a sleek and sturdy design. The materials used for this product are resistant, durable and safe to use on all kinds of food.The motor is strong and powerful, thanks to a 325 watts output. The blades are incredibly sharp and completely resistant to scratches. Its 4-cup bowl can handle daily food preparation tasks with ease.
The 14-cup bowl is large enough for kneading bread dough or making delicious soup! The dicing kit included in the set allows the user to create finely diced pieces of vegetable or meat easily and quickly by simply pressing a button. This product is perfect for almost any kitchen! The only thing that may upset you about this product is its hefty price tag, but it’s well worth every penny spent on it.
Why we like it:
- 14-cup capacity
- Auto-eject handle
- 325 watts of power
- Designed for food processing
- Constructed with stainless steel blades
#8: Hamilton Beach Professional Stack & Snap Food Processor
This is our new product, the ultimate large-capacity 5-in-1 food processor. With 14 cups of capacity, this strong machine more than does the job for our office catering service – no more having to cut vegetables by hand with a knife. They are cut perfectly in just seconds! The machine is very sturdy and well made, with a special heavy-duty design for commercial use. It comes fully equipped with slicing and shredding blades, chopping blade, dough blade, spatula, and an instruction book.
The bowl has a large feed tube that feeds whole fruits and vegetables. Another nice feature is that it comes with 3 smaller tubes you can use to feed smaller or thinner foods. The lid locks into place, and the controls are very easy to use.
Within minutes I had cut up an entire head of lettuce into small pieces – something I never could have done without this machine! It’s ease of use, along with the extra wide feed tube, quality design, and lifetime warranty make this one of my top choices for the best food processors for kneading dough.
Why we like it:
- Thick, steel blade to handle foods
- 14 cups of processing power
- Large 3-in-1 feed tube for whole fruits and vegetables
- 4 1/4 quart clear glass bowl with 2 1/4 QT pusher (includes scoop)
- Auto shutoff protects against accidental overload or overflow
- Quiet 600 watt motor for strong knife action and slicing power (no blade wobble)
#9: Cuisinart FP-14DCN Elite Collection 2.0 14 Cup Food Processor, Die Cast
This is the perfect kitchen companion for any foodie. The 14 cup Large Bowl and 4½ cup Small Bowl with Pour Spouts and Measurement Markings are made of high-impact plastic and are very durable, while the bowls and lid locks in place. The bowl with measurement markings allows you to easily measure out ingredients instead of having to stop what you are doing just so you can measure.
It comes with a spatula that has a hook on the end so that you can retrieve items like chopped nuts or minced herbs from the bottom of the bowl should they fall off of your cutting blade. The Automatic Sensor Technology helps activate power only when it senses pressure to ensure that only minimal energy is used while the processing is being done.
This processor includes 3 discs: 2 reversible discs (fine/medium) and 1 dough blade . You also get a spatula, a recipe/instruction book, and a cover for your small bowl.
The processor is 17 inches high and weighs about 32 pounds. With the motor running, you can actually hear the processor through your cabinets. It does have a noisier motor than some other processors that we have tested in the past but it is very powerful.
Why we like it:
- 14 cup large food bowl and 4½ cup small food bowl with ingredients measurement markings
- Exclusive Patent-Pending SealTight Advantage System – Seals Bowls and Locks Blades, All Removable Parts Are Dishwasher Safe, Recipe/Instruction Book Included
- Large and Small Stainless Steel Chopping/Mixing Blades with BladeLock System, Cuisinart Supreme Wide-Mouth Feed Tube and Cover Assembly, Accessory Storage Case with Lock, Retractable cord.
- Automatic Sensor Technology helps activate power only when it senses pressure to ensure that only minimal energy is used while the processing is being done.
- 3 die cast metal discs: 2 reversible (fine/medium) and 1 dough blade
#10: NutriChef NCFP8 Ultra Quiet 600 Watt Powered Electric Processor
The new and improved processor comes with six attachment blades, a 2L capacity, and an energy-efficient motor that cuts prep time in half and is quiet enough to not disturb your family. The food processor’s extra-large bowl is designed with a handle for easy pouring and a built-in cord storage area to help keep your countertops neat and clutter-free.
It is designed with an electronic overload protection system to prevent overheating and an automatic shut-off safety features. The encased, powerful 600 watt motor is equipped with stainless steel blades that can process foods with the use of the discs, such as slicing, shredding, mincing, puréeing and grinding.
Why we like it:
- 600 watt motor with 450 power
- Removable discs for slicing, shredding, mincing and puréeing
- Easy to wash removable parts
- 2.0L food bowl and .8L liquid bowl capacity (up to 9 cups of dry ingredients and up to 15 cups of liquid ingredients)
- Operates at lower speeds while kneading dough or mixing batters
- Stainless steel blades are easy to wash and dishwasher safe
- Automatic over turn system (if the plate is not fully submerged in the water) for smooth operation during use.
- Very quiet operation, yet powerful enough for power users
What To Look For In A Food Processor For Kneading Dough
A large capacity is important when choosing a food processor for kneading dough because it prevents the flour from flying all over the place while the appliance is running. The capacity should be at least 11 cups, although 12 cups are better. You should also choose a model with a wide feed tube so you can add ingredients without having to stop and scrape down the sides as much.
Food processors come in two types: direct drive and gear-driven. Direct drive means that the blade is connected directly to the motor, while gear-driven processors use gears to increase torque (power) as well as control speed. Gear-driven models are more powerful than direct drive and that’s what you need for kneading bread dough, because it requires a lot of power to push through all of the flour and liquid.
When we look for a food processor for kneading, we must first of all pay attention to the size of the feeding tube. This area is where we add flour and other ingredients, so that they mix and form dough. For this reason, the hole should be wide enough to allow us to throw in all the whole grains of flour at once, but also unshelled nuts or fruits and vegetables, which we can use as an addition.
Some models also feature a pulse button that allows you to make very fine adjustments as your ingredients are being processed – for example, when kneading dough. This is useful if you want to adjust how much your dough is being processed without having to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Attachments and accessories.
Attachments and accessories.
Depending on what type of food processor you choose, there might be attachments and accessories that come with it or you can buy separately from them. For example, some models come with an attachment that lets you make bread dough or even turn your food processor into an electric mixer!
How long should I knead bread dough in food processor?
If you’re using a food processor to knead your bread dough, you should knead the dough for around five minutes.
The amount of time you knead your bread dough is important because it determines how much gluten develops in the dough. If you don’t knead the dough enough, the gluten will not be properly developed, and your bread won’t rise as much. If you over-knead the dough, it will give your bread a chewy texture that most people find unpleasant.
To avoid over-kneading or under-kneading your dough, use a timer while kneading. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different times until you find the right amount of time for your recipe.
Is a blender and food processor the same?
A blender and a food processor are not the same. They do have some similar functions, such as chopping, but they vary in the type of tools they use to chop and in the ways that they are used.
A food processor is like a blender with teeth. It uses blades to cut through harder foods such as carrots or nuts. It can also be used for lighter tasks like blending a smoothie, but it will not work as well as a blender for this purpose. It is more similar to a blender than it is different, but it is best used for tougher textures.
A blender uses blades to blend together liquids, soft solids, or both into a smooth consistency. This makes them perfect for things like milkshakes and pureed soups. They can be used to grind nuts and other ingredients into flour, which is something that cannot be done in a food processor because the blades would not have enough power to crush them.
What is the best surface for kneading dough?
You’ve got your flour, your salt, your water. But what do you knead the dough on?
If you’re kneading dough on a hard surface, like a wooden board or a marble countertop, it’s not ideal. Hard surfaces can make the dough stick to them and rip while you’re working, which can be really frustrating.
Instead, knead your dough on a soft, flexible surface, like a silicone baking mat or a clean dishtowel. If you’re using a dishtowel, sprinkle it with flour beforehand so the dough doesn’t stick to it.
Our conclusion is that, while the NutriChef NCFP8 is a great option for a wide variety of tasks, it is not ideal for kneading dough. We found that it makes a mess and the end result was too wet to use. On the other hand, we felt that the KitchenAid KFP1466CU was an excellent choice for those who want to make dough in their food processor.
We hope that this helps you decide which processor, if any, is right for you.