- What Is Portable Washer And Dryer?
- Why We Need A Portable Washer And Dryer?
- Top 10 Portable Washer And Dryer Combo
- 1. INTERGREAT Portable Washing Machine Mini 17.6 Lbs Compact Washer Machine And Dryer Combo
- 2. ENGiNDOT Portable Washing Machine
- 3. SUPER DEAL Compact Mini Twin Tub Washing Machine
- 4. Giantex Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine 17.6lbs
- 5. Pyle XPB20-288S PYRPUCWM22 Compact & Portable Washer & Dryer
- 6. INTERGREAT Full Automatic Portable Washing Machine
- 7. BANGSON Portable Washing Machine
- 8. VIVOHOME Electric Portable 2 in 1 Twin Tub Mini Laundry Washer and Spin Dryer
- 9. ROVSUN 15LBS Portable Washing Machine
- 10. Giantex Portable Washing Machine
- Features To Look For When Buying A Portable Washer And Dryer
It’s a pretty old-fashioned idea that washing machines and dryers are only for homes. But the truth is that many people—like college students and RV owners—would greatly benefit from having a portable washer and dryer.
When you’re in a situation where you can’t fit a full-size set of laundry appliances, portables are the way to go. They’re usually small enough to fit in the closet of an apartment or dorm room, and they don’t take much space up at all. And most models are easy to use with just one button to operate both the washing machine and the dryer.
In this review, we’ve rounded up some of the best portable washers and dryers on the market right now, so that you can find one that meets your needs!
What Is Portable Washer And Dryer?
A portable washer and dryer are just like a conventional washer and dryer only that they are small. They are either electric or battery-powered, depending on the model. They are best suited for people with small apartments, dorms, and RV owners who do not have enough space to install a regular laundry machine.
Portable washing machines can come in handy when you need a quick wash of your clothes. Unlike the traditional washing machine, these units are more convenient and suitable for use anywhere at any time. Most of them take up very little space thus making it possible for you to use your kitchen cabinets or any other convenient cabinet as your laundry room.
Portable washers also provide a great deal of convenience when it comes to washing clothes. You can easily pack them up to take away on vacation or even store them in a closet when not in use.
Why We Need A Portable Washer And Dryer?
If you live in a small house or apartment, then it is sure that you need a portable washer and dryer. An automatic or semi-automatic machine can be a perfect choice. The reason is that they are easy to use. You just need to plug it in and fill it with water. After that, you have to add the clothes and detergent.
But what if you have a big house? In this situation, you will not get any benefits from having a portable washer and dryer. If you want to know why, read on to learn more about their advantages.
1. They are compact
The portable washing machines have compact designs that make them ideal for your laundry room. Some units can fit in a corner of your laundry room so that it does not take up too much space. This is especially important if you have limited space for your laundry room.
2. They are easy to move around
The portability of the washing machines makes them easy to move around your house without any hassle. You can bring the unit from one place to another without any problem at all. This is important because you want to be able to clean all parts of your house without having to lug around a heavy machine every time you want to change its location.
3. There is no installation required
When you buy a portable washer and dryer, there is no need for installation as most units only require you to plug them into an electric outlet before using them. This means that you can start using your new washer and dryer immediately after purchase without having to wait for days for someone to install it for you.
Top 10 Portable Washer And Dryer Combo
Selecting the best portable washer and dryer for your home is a necessity for you to get the results that you need. These units are really going to help provide you with some products for your home that will be well worth it on your end.
1. INTERGREAT Portable Washing Machine Mini 17.6 Lbs Compact Washer Machine And Dryer Combo
The INTERGREAT portable washing machine gives you a rich clean function in a small, portable size. Its twin tub design allows for both a spin wash and spin dry at the same time, saving you time and energy. With this washer, you can simply put in your load of clothes, add water and detergent and start washing. Once done cleaning, the spin cycle removes excess water from your clothes so they’re ready to be hung or tossed in the dryer. The INTERGREAT is durable and well-built to withstand frequent use. It’s seen as one of the best portable washers thanks to its quality construction and versatility.
It has an 8-pound wash load capacity, 5-pound drying capacity with a total laundry weight of 13 pounds max per cycle (8 pounds wash/5 pounds spin). It also has two separate spin tubes that allow you to wash different types of clothing at once or get more done during one load by using both sides simultaneously. You’ll love how easy it is to use this machine; just connect it up with any standard faucet outlet or kitchen sink tap using an included adapter kit! The only thing left on your list after doing laundry will be hanging out those clothes for some fresh air!
What we liked:
- Relatively affordable after rebate at around $400.
- Spins and spins to remove excess water.
- Deep, large capacity tub with extra-thick drainable filters – can wash up to 13 pounds of clothes per cycle in between deep, lint-free cleaning.
- Easy to use and compact design makes it ideal for home or dormitory living.
- Wash/spin buttons make operating this machine even simpler and easier.
2. ENGiNDOT Portable Washing Machine
ENGiNDOT’s washer and dryer combo is one of the best portable machines currently available in the market. It is a mini washing machine with spin-dryer combo made of stainless steel, which makes it very durable and long-lasting.
The most impressive feature that users love about this machine is its wash and spin capacity, which can hold up to 11lbs for the washer and 6.6lbs for the spinner. Overall, you can do 17.6lbs of clothes per time!
It has a high speed spinning motor that works at 1700 rpm, which allows you to wash or spin your clothes faster than any other machine on our list so far.
You have three water levels to choose from; low, medium or high based on how dirty your clothes are or how many you need to wash at once. The low mode only uses about 2 gallons of water while the highest consumes about 3 gallons of water per use making it more energy efficient than most other models out there today.
What we liked:
- It is the smallest, heaviest and fastest washer on our list.
- Extremely lightweight and portable.
- Has a spin dryer to complete the washing and drying tasks at one time.
- The tub is made of stainless steel, which makes it durable and long lasting.
- The control panel LED display gives you an easy way to check how much water you’re using in your machine.
- Maximum capacity of 17lbs according to the company’s manual.
3. SUPER DEAL Compact Mini Twin Tub Washing Machine
With 2 built-in units, one is for washing clothes and another is for spinning. The capacity of total laundry (washer:8 lbs, spin cycle:4.5 lbs)
The washer control timer runs for up to 15 minutes while the spin cycle timer runs for up to 5 minutes each load. This unit features a drainage tube which allows you to easily drain out dirty water. There is no need extra equipment and plumbing required, easy assemble is required with all hardware packed in the package. The compact size makes it perfect for apartment living or dorms where space is limited. Wash your clothes and save space with this portable compact washer and spin dryer.
What we liked:
- Wash and spin capacity
- Spin dryer for clothes at the same time
- You have 2 separate compartments for washing & drying clothes at the same time.
- Drain hole is located in a side of the unit which make it easy to drain out dirty water.
- Easy to use, no plumbing needed.
- Original design and built to last.
4. Giantex Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine 17.6lbs
The Giantex portable compact mini twin tub washing machine is perfect for those with a need to multi-task, save space and may want to save themselves a trip to the expensive laundromat. It is lightweight and has a portable design. This model is the most basic version of the Giantex brand of washing machines but even so, it still includes some of the latest innovations in washing machine technology.
What we liked:
- It is a small and compact washing machine which is perfect for dorm rooms or apartments.
- Great for being on the go, small, lightweight and portable.
- Solid construction with stainless steel tubs that are rust resistant.
- Water level switch allows you to choose low, medium or high water usage per wash cycle.
- Easy to operate with its push button controls that allow you to start the machine and select your wash level at the same time.
5. Pyle XPB20-288S PYRPUCWM22 Compact & Portable Washer & Dryer
This amazing set is the perfect alternative to your standard washing machine and dryer, it makes laundry super simple. All you really have to do is load up the washer with your dirty clothes, add some detergent and let it run its course. The portable washer comes with a built-in timer as well so you can pick how long you want it to wash for. For example, if you have a garment that is particularly grimy or soiled then you can set it for longer than say when washing baby clothes or delicate items. This washer features 8lbs of capacity per wash, which means that if all of your clothes are moderately dirty then it can easily handle an entire week’s worth of laundry.
The spin dryer will also get all of the excess water out of your clothes after they’ve been washed in the tub. This way they will be ready for a quick tumble in the dryer or hung up on the line to air dry! There is no installation required at all and this unit weighs less than 20 lbs combined so moving from apartment complex hallways/staircases won’t be too difficult either once laundromat hours are over (and maybe using their machines isn’t an option).
What we liked:
- Easy to use and lightweight, which makes it very portable.
- Easy to assemble and simple to operate.
- Set the washer for 30 mins or 1 hour with a choice of cool or warm water.
- The spin dryer is also easy to use and you can set the time for up to 15 minutes on high speed.
- Drain socks function can be used if at all possible so that you don’t need to wash soiled clothes in the tub itself.
6. INTERGREAT Full Automatic Portable Washing Machine
The INTERGREAT compact washing machine is ideal for small spaces, such as apartments or dorms. Its 5lb capacity is perfect for light loads like underwear, socks, and T-shirts. It takes up less space than a handbag and can be used at home or while traveling to keep your laundry clean on the go.
This portable washer and dryer features an LED display that makes it easy to control the settings of your washer at a glance along with a clear lid so you can check in on how the wash cycle is going. This mini washer has 8 different programs ranging from soak, normal, heavy duty, quick wash, jeans/bedding/delicates—just about any type of clothing can be washed with this powerful little device.
What we liked:
- 5lb capacity is great for small loads.
- 8 wash cycles and 5 spin drying speeds to choose from.
- Control panel LED display makes it easy to control and check the settings of your machine at a glance.
- Spin dryer gets all excess water out of your clothes after they have been washed.
- Comes with a drain hose so you can drain dirty water easily without any extra equipment or plumbing required.
7. BANGSON Portable Washing Machine
This washer is the best option for those who need to clean their clothes while they are traveling or do not have space in their home for a full-size machine. It has two built-in tubs that allow you to wash and spin dry your clothing at the same time, saving you time and effort throughout the day. The washer has a large capacity that can hold up to 11 lbs of laundry, which means you will be able to clean all of your clothes at once without having to make multiple loads.
It features an easy-to-use control panel with a timer that allows you to watch your clothes as they spin through the cycle. You can use this washing machine when camping or when out at sea, making it perfect for those who enjoy living life on the go.
This machine requires no installation and does not require any additional tools or electronics—which makes it perfect for anyone who wants an easy way to clean their clothing at home or on the go.
What we liked:
- Large capacity can hold up to 11 lbs of laundry.
- Features a timer so you can watch your clothes as they spin through the cycle.
- No installation required.
- Very portable, weighing less than 26 lbs.
- Washer and spinner can be used with cold or warm water.
- It can also be used when camping or at sea to keep your clothes clean while on the go.
8. VIVOHOME Electric Portable 2 in 1 Twin Tub Mini Laundry Washer and Spin Dryer
This portable washer and dryer combo does not require any extra plumbing, hoses or connections. You do not have to modify the existing plumbing in your place to use it. All you need is a faucet with the standard 3/4-inch threading, which is usually included in most apartment communities. The twin tub design lets you load up to 7.7 pounds of laundry into each compartment, so you can wash and dry clothes at once!
In addition, both washing machine and spinner feature a durable plastic body that ensures longevity, while the clear lid allows you to monitor the progress of your clothes effortlessly.
The spin cycle operates at a maximum speed of 1,300 RPM (revolutions per minute) and consumes only 200 watts of power while doing that much work! This machine has an automatic shutoff feature should water levels exceed draining threshold during rinse cycles when full loads are washed together; this will prevent overflow events from occurring during operation.
What we liked:
- Easy to use, easy-to-read display and lid.
- Large capacity tubs can hold up to 7.7 lbs of laundry at a time.
- Features automatic shutoff feature should water levels exceed the washing tubs’ draining threshold during rinse cycles when full loads are washed at once. This will prevent overflow events from occurring during operation.
- It has a durable plastic body that is sure to last for many years of usage.
9. ROVSUN 15LBS Portable Washing Machine
Are you looking for a washer and dryer combo that can clean your clothes in only minutes? Or are you a college student who is tired of going to the laundromat every week? If so, this cheap and affordable set is the right one for you.
Its twin tub design can separate laundry into two different loads. That way, you can wash whites with whites and colors with colors. This prevents your colored clothes from running or fading when they get washed together. While washing your clothes, it does not produce any noise and will not interrupt your sleep schedule at night time. It also helps save energy because it uses less water compared to a traditional top load washer. The best part about this machine is that it has an automatic shut-off feature that stops working when the load is done!
If all these features appeal to you, then what are you waiting for? Buy this washer today before someone else does!
What we liked:
- Easy to use and no installation required.
- Affordable and effective twin tub washer that helps separate your clothes when washing.
- Energy-efficient because it uses less water compared to a traditional top load washer.
- The best part is that it has an automatic shut-off feature with a timer so you do not have to wait until your clothes are done!
- It also helps save energy because it uses less water compared to a traditional top load washer.
10. Giantex Portable Washing Machine
Have you ever wondered how to wash your clothes and not have it be a total nightmare? Or have you ever wanted to wash your clothes and still come home with clean clothes, but you hate the hassle of washing them by hand? If so, then this reality show can help you out.
The Giantex Portable Washing Machine is built-in with full-electricity washing machine and dryer combo. It will wash your clothes in an automatic way, without any human interference needed! It has been proven that no one really likes to do laundry and most of us tend to forget doing it at all. This unit will make sure that your clothes are being washed properly each time without any problems whatsoever!
What we liked:
- Easy to operate and easy to use.
- Sturdy, dependable, and durable.
- Low budget and cheap price.
- No installation needed, just plug it in with its high-performance pump and water hose connection.
- This can be used both indoors and outdoors without any additional installations or operating problems!
- Easy to use, easy to read display so you can see what is happening inside the machine.
Features To Look For When Buying A Portable Washer And Dryer
The first thing to consider is the size of the washer and dryer you’ll need. If you’re looking for a set to use in an apartment or small home, go for something smaller like VIVOHOME Electric Portable 2 in 1 Twin Tub Mini Laundry Washer and Spin Dryer because it’s easy to move around and won’t take up too much space.
If you have a larger family or prefer more room when doing laundry, look into a larger set like Giantex Portable Washing Machine due to you can get more drying space and therefore don’t have to run as many loads.
If you want a portable washer and dryer, then you need to find one that is easy to move around. It should be lightweight but sturdy and have wheels so that you can roll it from place to place.
3. Ease of use
Portable machines tend to be smaller, so they have less room for controls and settings. You can still find plenty of options, but the more complex ones may not be portable. Look for something with a single dial or button for simple operation.
4. Portable Washers
Portable washers are smaller than standard models. For this reason, they can fit in areas where traditional machines cannot. Some portable washers can even fit in small trucks or SUVs with their backs folded down. These units are usually around 1 to 2 cubic feet, which means that you can only wash a few items at once. If you do not have a lot of laundry to do, this is actually a benefit.
5. Portable Dryers
Like the portable washer, the portable dryer is much smaller than its traditional counterpart. Even though it is small, however, it still has a good capacity and can dry several items of clothing at one time. When purchasing any type of portable appliance, look for one that comes with a warranty. This will help ensure that your investment is protected.
1. How does a portable washer work?
A portable washer is a compact washing machine that can be easily transported to any location with water and an electrical connection. It works similarly to a traditional top-load washer, except it is much smaller. A portable washer typically has one or two tubs for washing and rinsing your laundry. You fill the tubs with water, then add detergent, clothes and the appropriate cycle setting, much like you would with a traditional top-load washer. Portable washers are available in both electric and gas models.
2. Do I need special plumbing for a portable washer?
No special plumbing is required for a portable washer. You simply attach the provided faucet adapter to your sink or shower’s faucet, fill the tub with water, empty it when finished, then repeat as needed until all of your clothes are washed. Removable drain tubes make it easy to empty out the dirty water without making a mess. Some models also have a hose that attaches to your bathtub or shower’s drain so you can use gravity to help remove water from the tubs without having to lift them.
3. What are the differences between a portable washer and a traditional washer?
A portable washer is typically smaller than a regular washing machine, with a capacity between 1.0 cu. ft. and 2.6 cu. ft., which is enough room to handle several shirts or pairs of jeans. They are generally limited to top-loading machines, because they have to be able to drain into a sink, rather than using a permanent connection to a drain pipe in your laundry room. Most portable washers also have fewer wash cycles than standard models and can’t accommodate bulky items like comforters or bedspreads.
4. Can I use my own hose for my portable washer?
The hoses that come with most portable washing machines may not be long enough to reach from your sink to the machine, so you may need to purchase an extension hose at least 6 feet long. With some models, you’ll need separate hoses for hot and cold water; others have only one hose that can handle both hot and cold. If you’re using your own hoses, make sure they fit your faucet and the inlet on the washer before making a purchase.
You need to consider some of the pros and cons before you buy a portable washer and dryer. Think about how much time you save washing your clothes and it can save you more time to do other things. It can cut on gas money to take your clothes places.
The last thing is the cost of having laundry done at a place. If its costing you a lot, then it might be best to get a portable washer and dryer instead.