- Why Do We Need Storage Containers For Cereal?
- Top 10 Best Storage Containers For Cereals Reviews
- #1 Chef’S Path Cereal Containers Storage Set Large
- #2 Rubbermaid Brilliance Storage Container For Cereals
- #3 Plastic House Large Cereal Containers Storage Set
- #4 Vtopmart Cereal Storage Container Set
- #5 ME.FAN Premium Plastic Cereal Storage Containers
- #6 Oxo Good Grips Cereal Dispenser Storage Containers Set
- #7 Cereal & Dry Food Storage Containers For Cereals
- #8 Simple Gourmet Cereal Containers Storage Set
- #9 Wildone Cereal Storage Containers Set
- #10 PRAKI 6PCS Large Cereal Storage Containers
- Things To Keep In Mind When Buying Storage Containers For Cereals
- The Best Way To Storage Your Cereals
- For Airtight Containers, Options Are A-Plenty.
- 1. What Is The Best Size Storage Container For Cereal?
- 2. How Much Cereal Can A Container Hold?
- 3. How Do I Keep My Cereal From Getting Soggy?
- 4. How Do I Keep My Food Fresh Longer In Containers?
- 5. Can You Store Cereal In The Fridge?
- 6. Are Glass Containers Better Than Plastic?
- 7. How Long Does Cereal Usually Last?
- In Summary
The best storage containers for cereal are those that prevent the cereal from going stale, while also making it easy to store and access the cereal. In most cases, this means using an airtight container that keeps moisture in or out of the container — depending on whether you’re storing dry or cooked cereal.
Airtight containers also keep your cereal away from sunlight, which can shorten its shelf life and cause the color to fade. But more importantly, airtight containers protect your food from pests such as ants, bugs, and mice that can contaminate it with their droppings.
Food storage containers made from glass are usually the best options when it comes to preserving your cereal’s freshness. They are safe for freezing and microwaving food, as well as for storing cereals at room temperature. Unlike plastic containers, glass ones don’t contain BPA or other harmful chemicals that can leach into your food over time. If you’re looking for a cheap option, there are many good plastic containers available too — just make sure they’re BPA-free so they won’t alter the taste or texture of your cereal.
Why Do We Need Storage Containers For Cereal?
If you love to eat breakfast cereal but hate the mess that it creates, a storage container for cereal is what you need. These containers are normally made from plastic and have a lid that fits over the top of the bowl to prevent the food from spilling out. They are very popular in homes where there are young children because they help keep their food in one place and away from pets or other messy situations.
There are many different types of storage containers for cereal available on the market today ranging from small to large boxes which can hold various amounts of cereal. The size will depend on how much space you have available as well as your budget so consider all options before making a decision. A good option might be to purchase several different types of containers so that you can keep different flavors together without having them mixed together! This way it will always be fresh tasting!
Top 10 Best Storage Containers For Cereals Reviews
#1 Chef’S Path Cereal Containers Storage Set Large
This set of cereal storage containers is made from high-quality BPA-free plastic. You can use it for an extended period without worrying about its chemical composition. Chef’s path storage containers are available in a wide range of sizes and shapes to offer the most suitable choice. It also has chalkboard labels as an extra bonus to keep you organized quickly and effortlessly.
The most significant feature that stands out is the airtight seal that locks in the freshness and flavors of your food items, making them last longer than usual. This also prevents your cereals from getting soggy or stale so that they always taste good when you eat them with milk.
You don’t have to worry about the durability of these containers, thanks to their sturdy build quality and unmatched craftsmanship. The revolutionary stackable design saves up on space while protecting the lids from damage when stored away in a cupboard or cabinet. They’re very easy to clean due to their smooth surface, which allows for effortless wiping using a sponge or cloth every time it gets dirty or sticky with spilled cereal powder. These containers are designed for long-term use given their high-quality construction materials and excellent manufacturing process that only leaves satisfied customers behind all around the world!
What we liked:
- The stackable design is very useful to save space and easy to store
- Available in a wide range of sizes and shapes to fit practically any cereal type or brand
- Chalkboard labels come as an extra bonus that can help you keep organized easily
- Airtight seal locks in the freshness and flavor of your cereal items, thus making them last longer.
#2 Rubbermaid Brilliance Storage Container For Cereals
The Rubbermaid Brilliance Food Storage Containers are perfect for storing cereals and other dry foods. You can use these containers for storing cereals, flour, sugar, pasta, rice, coffee, nuts, beans, snacks, and even pet food! The containers are made from Tritan plastic which is a clear plastic that is thick and durable. It has a thick, durable container wall that is safe to use in the microwave or freezer. You don’t have to worry about it cracking or becoming brittle from being frozen.
The containers are also 100% leak-proof guaranteed. Even if you take it on an airplane or put it in your car’s cup holder you won’t have to worry about spills or leaks.
These containers are freezer-safe, top-rack dishwasher-safe, and BPA-free. They come with one 19.9-cup container (4.7 L) and a lid that has a 4 cup capacity (0.95 L). This is the perfect size for keeping a box of cereal fresh after opening the box or storing large bags of flour and sugar without them taking up too much space in your kitchen cabinets.”
What we liked:
- Heavy-duty construction, perfect for the microwave or freezer
- No BPA in the plastic, 100% leakproof guaranteed
- The thick, durable container wall
- Safe to use in the microwave or freezer.
- Comes with a lid that has a 4-cup capacity
- Perfect for keeping a box of cereal fresh after opening it.
#3 Plastic House Large Cereal Containers Storage Set
It is a great solution for organizing and storing your favorite cereal or other dry foods. The easy-grip side grips allow you to carry your bulk foods with ease and convenience, while the unique design allows you to stack multiple containers on top of one another. It comes in two sizes: 1.2 liters, 2 liters, 3 liters, and 4 liters, making it the perfect size for any kitchen.
It is made of high-quality food-grade BPA-free plastic which makes it durable and able to contain a large volume of your favorite cereal. It has an airtight rubber seal that will help keep your food fresh for longer periods of time as well as help keep out bugs like weevils that are attracted to dry grains such as rice and wheat. The lid features a built-in pouring spout so there’s no need for measuring cups when pouring out cereal from this storage container!
What we liked:
- The unique design allows you to stack multiple containers on top of one another!
- It is made of high-quality plastic that has a durable airtight rubber seal for keeping out bugs.
- Easy-grip side grips to carry your bulk foods with ease and convenience.
- It comes in 2 sizes: 1.2 liters and 2 liters – perfect for keeping cereals, snacks, or other dry foods
#4 Vtopmart Cereal Storage Container Set
The Vtopmart Cereal Storage Container Set is a 4 piece set of containers that are made from BPA-free plastic that has been designed to make the storage of cereal, snacks, and other dry foods easy. The containers are airtight and watertight and can be used to keep your food fresh for up to 45 days.
The design features an ergonomic looped handle that makes opening and closing each container easy, even if you have arthritis in your hands. It also features a space-efficient design which allows you to stack them atop one another when not in use.
This set is perfect for storing flour, brown sugar, grain, nuts, beans, snacks, pasta, coffee or tea. You can even use it as a lunchbox!
They are also easy to clean: simply wash with warm soapy water or place in the dishwasher on the top rack (handwash recommended).
What we liked:
- The unique design allows you to stack multiple containers on top of one another!
- It is made of BPA-free plastic that has been designed to make the storage of dry foods easy.
- The ergonomic looped handle makes opening and closing each container easy, even if you have arthritis in your hands.
- Space efficient design allows you to stack them atop one another when not in use.
#5 ME.FAN Premium Plastic Cereal Storage Containers
The ME.FAN Premium Plastic Cereal Storage Containers are made of BPA-free food-grade plastic, and the airtight cereal storage container is durable. The 4-sided locking lid with silicone seal helps keep your food dry and healthy, bugs out, moisture away to ensure long-term food freshness.
The package includes a 4-Pack Extra Large size 44oz (5.5cup) cereal container with 24 Chalkboard Labels which allow you to organize your pantry like never before. Each container has a max capacity which can hold up to 6 cups of cereal per container so that you’ll be sure not to run out at breakfast again! It also allows you to easily store any dry foods in them from snacks, flour, nuts, beans, sugar, coffee, tea, or anything else you may need to store. You can save money by buying in bulk and storing the extra for later!
The sturdy plastic won’t shatter like glass containers will if dropped making them a safe choice for using around kids in the kitchen or for taking on a picnic! They are also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning or hand washable! The ideal size makes it suitable for lunch boxes as well as leftovers from dinner at home or a restaurant to enjoy later without worrying about spillage in your bag!
What we liked:
- The 4-sided locking lid with silicone seal helps keep your food dry and healthy, bugs out, moisture away to ensure long-term food freshness.
- The sturdy plastic won’t shatter like glass containers will if dropped making them a safe choice for using around kids in the kitchen or for taking on a picnic!
- It is made of BPA-free food-grade plastic, so you don’t have to worry about it cracking or becoming brittle.
#6 Oxo Good Grips Cereal Dispenser Storage Containers Set
The OXO Good Grips Cereal Dispenser Storage Containers Set is the perfect solution for keeping your kitchen organized and your food fresh. It features a unique snap-tight lid that prevents spills and keeps food fresh. The containers are made of silicone, so they are durable and easy to clean. The set includes three containers that are each designed for smart storage on countertops, in cabinets, or in pantries. These containers can hold up to 18 ounces of cereal and other snacks, such as popcorn and pretzels. They are dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended to maintain their non-stick coating longer. This product is a definite must-have for anyone who loves cereal but hates the mess it makes!
What we liked:
- The durable, non-stick silicone lids seal in the freshness for up to two weeks.
- The snap-tight lid prevents spills and keeps food fresh.
- They are dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended to maintain their non-stick coating longer.
#7 Cereal & Dry Food Storage Containers For Cereals
This is a plastic storage container made from food-grade BPA-free plastic, which contains no harmful substances. Its capacity is 2.5L/85.4oz, which is perfect for storing flour, sugar, rice, nuts, beans, cereal snacks pet food or anything else you may need to keep fresh and store dry. It is a slim and easy-to-carry design with a capacity of 2.5 liters/85 oz.
It has adopted the button-type exit design to ensure airtightness and prevent accidental spillage of contents when pouring out through the opening port on the top of the lid. The clear body makes it convenient for you to know what’s inside at a glance without opening it!
What we liked:
- It is made of food-grade BPA-free plastic, which contains no harmful substances.
- The capacity is 2.5L/85.4oz, which is perfect for storing flour, sugar, rice, nuts, beans, cereal snacks pet food or anything else you may need to keep fresh and store dry.
- It adopts the button-type exit design to ensure airtightness and prevent accidental spillage of contents when pouring out through the opening port on the top of the lid.
#8 Simple Gourmet Cereal Containers Storage Set
The Simple Gourmet Cereal Containers Storage Set is a BPA-free, dishwasher and microwave-safe, airtight, and leakproof container made of crystal clear food-grade plastic. You can use it as a dry food storage container for cereals as well as snacks or even great cat and dog food storage containers for easy access.
It’s also perfect for storing rice, macaroni, pasta, coffee, beans, nuts, flour, and sugar while keeping them nice and clean. As an added bonus you don’t need to transfer the cereal to another bowl after opening the pack because it comes with a measuring cup and pours spout that easily dispenses the cereal into your bowl allowing you to avoid spillage.
What we liked:
- It’s a BPA-free, dishwasher and microwave-safe, airtight, and leakproof container made of crystal clear food-grade plastic.
- You can use it as a dry food storage container for cereals as well as snacks or even great cat and dog food storage containers for easy access.
- It comes with a measuring cup and pours spout that easily dispenses the cereal into your bowl allowing you to avoid spillage.
#9 Wildone Cereal Storage Containers Set
Wildone Cereal Storage Containers Set is a great storage container. The best thing about it is that you can use it to store your favorite cereals, but also other foods such as flour, rice, beans, and more.It will keep your food fresh for longer thanks to its seal system.
The capacity is good enough for most people with 135 ounces or 4 liters. So if you have a family of four then this container should do the trick for you. Cleaning this product is very simple because of its design, which includes no corners and edges that could trap food particles inside. Just wash under warm water and you’re all set!
What we liked:
- It stores your favorite cereals, but also other foods such as flour, rice, beans, and more.
- The seal system keeps your food fresh for longer.
- It is easy to clean thanks to its design so you won’t have any problems with crumbs and other debris getting stuck.
- The capacity is good enough for most people with 135 ounces or 4 liters
#10 PRAKI 6PCS Large Cereal Storage Containers
The PRAKI 6PCS Large Cereal Storage Containers are made of BPA-free transparent plastic, which has good airtightness and water tightness. With a large capacity of 12L, the product can be used to store food for a long time without worrying about insects and dust. The product also has multiple colors with a stylish design. It is suitable for storing flour, sugar, rice, nuts, beans, cereal, snacks, pet food, or anything else you want.
Wash it thoroughly before the first use and keep it dry after each use. Avoid using sharp tools in case of scratches on the surface or expose it to extremely high or low temperatures. To keep your food safe from pests like ants and cockroaches, these best storage containers for cereals will not let you down with their premium quality!
What we liked:
- The transparent plastic of this product has good airtightness and water tightness.
- It is a great storage container.
- It can be used to store food for a long time without worrying about insects and dust.
- The product has multiple colors with a stylish design, which is suitable for storing flour, sugar, rice, nuts, beans, cereal, snacks pet food, or anything else you want.
- Wash it thoroughly before the first use and keep it dry after each use.
Things To Keep In Mind When Buying Storage Containers For Cereals
Storage containers are specially designed for storing such items in the right way. One can keep a variety of cereals, pulses, and other food items without worrying about mixing up their flavors or smells.
What are the things that you need to keep in mind when you are buying storage containers for cereals?
1. An Airtight Seal
The number one factor that you should look out for is an airtight seal. You don’t want your foodstuffs to be exposed to moisture and air as it can spoil them or make them stale. An airtight seal will ensure that your cereals and other foods remain fresh longer.
Another thing that you should consider is usability. Some storage containers for cereals may be too hard for you to open, especially if you have arthritis or weak hands. It’s best to check the container before buying it so that you can see how easy it is for you to open the lid or remove it from the container itself.
3. Design And Ergonomics
You can keep cereals in a glass container or even in the original packaging. The most important thing is that the packaging is durable and keeps the product fresh for as long as possible. At the same time, it should be easy to use, and convenient to open and close.
The design of plastic storage containers is more diverse – they can be of different shapes, and sizes, with a variety of lids and locks. Glass containers are usually more transparent, so you can always see what is inside. Plastic ones tend to have a wider opening and be easier to fill, which means you can pour cereal into them without spilling it everywhere.
It’s important not only to choose a container with the right capacity but also to make sure that it won’t take up too much space on your shelf or in your pantry. If you want to store different cereals in one container, then you need a larger one.
5. Pouring And Dispensing
It’s nice to be able to pour the contents of the container into a bowl or into your mouth without having to tip the whole thing upside down. It’s also nice if you can control the amount of cereal that comes out at once. You don’t want it to come gushing out when you’re trying to make sure it doesn’t overflow onto your lap.
You don’t want to have to wipe down the inside of your cereal container every time you refill it, so something that seals well is essential. Look for a rubber seal inside the lid that makes sure nothing gets in or out unintentionally.
7. Material Quality
You want something strong and sturdy that won’t break easily, as well as something easy to clean.
The Best Way To Storage Your Cereals
In order to be a success, you need to employ the right strategies. The same goes for storing your cereal.
1. Preparing Cereal for Storage
Before placing cereal in an airtight container, pour it into a bowl, inspect it and throw away any stale pieces. If there are any weevils or other insects inside the box, remove them before sealing the food in a container.
2. Read Package Labels
Look at the label on the cereal to see if there are instructions for storage. If there aren’t any instructions about storing your cereal, proceed with the following steps. If there are instructions on the cereal box, follow them. You should also check if there is an expiration date listed on the box and how long you can store your cereal before it expires or becomes stale.
This is especially important if you plan on storing your cereal long-term—make sure you know when it will expire and rotate your food supply so that you are never eating expired or stale food.
3. Use Clean Containers
It seems like cereal boxes and bags are designed to be impossible to open without spilling, but no matter how careful you are, if you transfer your cereal from the original bag into another container, you’re bound to spill a little bit. If you don’t clean up that spill immediately, those spilled flakes will go stale and make the whole box less fresh. Use airtight containers for your cereal so no air gets in — this helps keep it fresh for longer.
4. Store Cereal Away From Light
Cereal tastes best when kept away from the light because light breaks down fats and oils naturally found in cereals that contain nuts, seeds, or grains. When these ingredients are exposed to light, they tend to turn rancid more quickly than those stored away from light. The best place to store cereal is in its original package inside a large pantry closet with limited exposure to light.
5. Creating A Temperature-Controlled Storage Area
The best storage containers for cereal should be filled with air or they must be sealed tightly on the outside. If there is air inside the container, it will cause the cereals to spoil faster than those which are kept at a normal room temperature. However, if the air inside the container is not sealed tightly, it will allow more moisture to enter the cereals. This can make them go stale faster and may even lead to their deterioration.
6. Monitor Container Contents
When storing cereal in containers, you should always monitor their contents throughout the day so that you can check whether or not they have become spoiled. As soon as you notice any signs of spoilage on your cereals, you should immediately dispose of them by throwing them away or sealing them in an airtight container.
7. Keep Closed When Not In Use.
Cereal boxes should be kept closed when not in use and should never be left open for extended periods of time, especially if there are children around who might spill their milk on the box or get crumbs everywhere. Keep them clean and dry and they’ll last much longer
For Airtight Containers, Options Are A-Plenty.
You can find a variety of airtight containers in the market today. Here are some of the most common options:
1. Plastic Containers
Plastic containers are the most popular choice, in part because they’re so inexpensive and easy to use. They come in a variety of sizes, and their lids seal tightly on top to keep out any air. Some have latches and others twist on tightly, but they all work well at preventing moisture and air from entering. Plastic containers range in price depending on size and brand, but many can be found for less than $10 per set.
2. Glass Containers
Using glass containers is the most traditional way of storing food. These are made of natural materials and are reusable and recyclable. They have the ability to preserve the freshness of your product without absorbing any odor or flavor. Glass containers also pose no danger to your health as they do not contain chemicals that will leak into your food when heated, unlike plastic containers.
3. Wooden Containers
Another alternative for your airtight container is wood. Wood is durable, moisture-resistant, free from any harmful chemicals, and safe from molds and bacteria. Wooden containers are also eco-friendly since totally biodegradable, unlike plastic which takes decades to decompose. They are also cheaper compared to other types of airtight containers.
4. Metal Containers
Metals such as tin or stainless steel can also be used for storing food for a long time but these are usually used for dry foods only like nuts and cereals. There are specially designed metal containers that have an inner lining made of polyethylene which prevents corrosion inside the container.
1. What Is The Best Size Storage Container For Cereal?
It depends on how many people you have in your household and how much cereal they eat. If there are just two people who eat one or two bowls per day, then a large size may be too big for you. You should get an average-sized container (between 10-and 15 cups). If there are more than four people who eat three or four bowls per day, you’ll probably want to get the largest size which holds up to 50 cups!
2. How Much Cereal Can A Container Hold?
These containers come in different sizes, so the amount of cereal they can hold varies. On average, most containers will hold up to 18 ounces of dry food. However, some containers may hold 20 or even 25 ounces!
3. How Do I Keep My Cereal From Getting Soggy?
You can keep your cereal from getting soggy by storing it in an airtight container. Airtight containers prevent moisture from entering the container and keep the contents fresh.
4. How Do I Keep My Food Fresh Longer In Containers?
You can keep food fresh by storing it in an airtight container. Airtight containers are effective at keeping bacteria and other contaminants out, helping to prevent spoilage.
5. Can You Store Cereal In The Fridge?
Yes, you can and it will help the cereal stay fresh longer. The main factor is temperature, which retards the growth of insects, molds, and bacteria. In addition to keeping your cereal in the fridge. The cereal will last longer if it is stored well in a cool, dry area. Some cereals do not contain any oil and are best used within three months of opening.
6. Are Glass Containers Better Than Plastic?
Glass containers are better than plastic because they do not absorb odors and stains. Glass is also non-toxic and does not leach chemicals into foods like plastic can.
7. How Long Does Cereal Usually Last?
Most types of cold cereal last for about one to three months when stored in an airtight container. When opened, most boxes of cold cereal can be kept fresh for about three weeks before they begin to spoil.
With storage containers for cereal, your family will love breakfast even more. Having healthy cereal is nice but getting out the door every morning is a bigger challenge in many households so having containers that organize and save space is essential. So, the next time you need a new container, check out your local retail store or on Amazon.