- What Is A Water Filter Pitcher?
- Water Filter Pitcher Benefits
- Top 10 Best Water Filter Pitchers Reviews
- #1 ZeroWater ZP-010 Water Filter Pitcher
- #2 Brita Water Filter Pitcher
- #3 PUR CR1100CV Classic Water Filter Pitcher
- #4 Waterdrop Water Filter Pitcher
- #5 Seychelle pH2O Water Filter Pitcher
- #6 Nakii Water Filter Pitcher
- #7 Hskyhan Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
- #8 LifeStraw Water Filter Pitchers
- #9 Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
- #10 Ehm Ultra II Premium Water Filter Pitcher
- Things To Consider When Buying A Water Filter Pitcher
- PUR vs. Brita vs. ZeroWater Filter Comparison
- 1. What does activate carbon do?
- 2. What does ion exchange resin do?
- 3. Does the water taste good from water filter pitcher?
- 4. How much is the capacity of the water filter pitcher?
- 5. Why is my water not filtering as quickly as before?
- 6. Can I use softened water with this pitcher?
- 7. Can I put hot water into this pitcher?
- In conclusion
Water filter pitchers are an easy way to get cleaner, great-tasting water at home. They’re usually filled with activated carbon granules that filter out contaminants and impurities as the water passes through. All you have to do is pour your tap water into the top and wait for it to be filtered into the bottom before drinking.
Pitcher filters are a great option for households that don’t want to install a whole house filtration system or buy bottled water, but there are so many different models on the market that it can be hard to know which one is best for you. To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite pitchers and dispensers, based on their design, filter quality and performance.
We’ll also outline what you should look for when shopping for this type of filter and explain how they work. If you’re still not sure which pitcher is right for you, check out our comparison table or read on for individual reviews.
What Is A Water Filter Pitcher?
A water filtration pitcher is a relatively small container that can be easily stored in your refrigerator. They have an activated carbon filter element that removes contaminants from your tap water. A water filter pitcher can effectively remove sediments, organic compounds, chlorine, and other contaminants from the tap water. As a result, these pitchers make your tap water clean and healthy for drinking purposes.
Water Filter Pitcher Benefits
In addition to clean and great-tasting drinking water, there are many benefits to using a water filter pitcher:
Many homes don’t have a faucet-mounted water filtration system installed, so using a water filter pitcher can be an excellent way to provide filtered water for cooking and drinking at home. The pitchers are also extremely portable, making it easy for you to enjoy clean drinking water wherever you go.
Scheduled Filter Changes
Most home appliances require some maintenance or repair at one point or another, but with a water filter pitcher this is not the case. Each brand of pitcher will come with its own set of directions on how often the carbon filters need to be replaced, but you can rest assured that the pitcher will work as long as you keep the filter changed on schedule.
It is much cheaper to replace a filter than it is to replace an entire pitcher. When the filter eventually does need to be replaced, you can get a compatible replacement from Amazon for much less than what you would pay for an entire new pitcher somewhere else. This means that your initial investment will pay for itself over time and you’ll be able to enjoy clean drinking water without having to spend extra money on a brand new product.
Top 10 Best Water Filter Pitchers Reviews
#1 ZeroWater ZP-010 Water Filter Pitcher
The ZeroWater ZP-010 Water Filter Pitcher is a great value for the price. With its 10 Cup 5-Stage Ion Exchange Filtration System, it’s capable of removing 99.6% of all dissolved solids in water, including lead and chromium.
The pitcher features a one-hand, push-to dispense spout which makes this pitcher a good choice when you are hosting guests or need something quickly while you are cooking.
The premium space-efficient pitcher is made with an activated carbon and oxidation reduction alloy that brings TDS levels to 000, the purest water possible.
The pitcher is NSF Certified to Reduce Lead and other heavy metals as well as BPA free so you can feel comfortable regarding safety. The filters are also recyclable which makes this an eco-friendly product.
What we liked:
- One of the most efficient water filtration systems you can buy.
- It’s NSF Certified to reduce lead. Removes 99.6% Dissolved Solids
- Easy to Use
- Handles are Comfortable to Hold
- Replaceable Cartridges
- Eco-friendly because it doesn’t use wasteful disposable bottles
#2 Brita Water Filter Pitcher
The Brita Large 10 Cup Water Filter Pitcher is the best water filter pitcher to buy for your home or office. We like that this pitcher has a space-efficient design, so it can fit in narrow fridge shelves, and an electronic filter indicator to let you know when it’s time to change the filter. Plus, it’s certified by the Water Quality Association to reduce chlorine taste and odor, copper, mercury, and cadmium, which are contaminants commonly found in tap water.
This is the ideal size water filter pitcher for the average family. It holds 10 cups of filtered water and measures 10.7 inches tall, 5.4 inches wide, and 10.1 inches deep with a 1.13-gallon total capacity. It weighs 1.3 pounds empty and 6.1 pounds when full of water. The Brita Large 10 Cup Water Filter Pitcher comes in white or blue and has a slim design, so it fits nicely on narrow refrigerator shelves or in small kitchen cabinets.
The Brita Water Filter Pitcher is made from BPA-free plastic and stainless steel. The pitcher has a slim design, so it can fit nicely on narrow refrigerator shelves or in small kitchen cabinets with no trouble. And, water filter pitchers provide a 30-day money-back guarantee just like Brita’s other pitchers, so you have complete peace of mind as well.
What we liked:
- This water pitcher is very affordable and is a great deal.
- It’s also easy to use, thanks to the filter indicator that lets you know when it’s time to replace the filter.
- This water pitcher is also slim and space-efficient, which makes it perfect for storing in narrow spaces in your refrigerator.
- It has a 10-cup capacity, it doesn’t take up too much room on your kitchen counter either.
#3 PUR CR1100CV Classic Water Filter Pitcher
If you want a water filter that’s reliable and effective, the PUR CR1100CV Classic Water Filter Pitcher is a great option. It’s a bestseller on Amazon and has received high ratings from consumers.
It can hold up to 11 cups of water and has an easy-fill lid that enhances its convenience. The pitcher is fitted with the company’s Maxion filter technology, which is one of the reasons why it’s so effective.
The filter reduces the presence of contaminants like mercury, lead, microbeads, and trace levels of pharmaceuticals. It also removes chlorine from tap water, making it taste better and smell fresher.
The pitcher is durable, so you can expect it to last for a long time without breaking or sustaining damage. And even though it’s made of plastic, it won’t affect the taste of your drinking water.
What we liked:
- One of the best-selling pitchers on the market due to its quality and affordability.
- Getting cleaner, safer drinking water help reduce chlorine taste, odor, bacteria, and other contaminants found in tap water.
- Quickly and easily, this filter pitcher filters twice as much water as leading brand pitchers.
- It is certified to reduce harmful contaminants.
- With its innovative technologies, it improves your taste while removing impurities from your drinking water.
- It comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty and a 60-day money-back guarantee.
#4 Waterdrop Water Filter Pitcher
We’re all drinking more water these days, and it’s important to have a pitcher that will give you the cleanest, best-tasting water. The Waterdrop Chubby 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher does an excellent job of providing purified water for your family, and the price is right.
The pitcher is constructed from high-grade BPA-free plastic that holds 10 cups of water. It has a slim design that fits well in most refrigerators, or you can keep it on a countertop if you prefer.
Results are impressive: 1 filter cleans 200 gallons of water, removing 99% of lead and other heavy metals like mercury and chromium. It also reduces fluoride, chlorine, and other chemicals from your tap water.
This filter pitcher is certified by the Water Quality Association Gold Seal NSF 58 to provide cleaner, healthier water for your family. The 5X Times Lifetime filter will last nearly 5 times longer than other filters on the market and better protects your health.
What we liked:
- Filters and purifies the water in the pitcher. The filter is made from high-grade BPA-free plastic.
- The filter is NSF certified to reduce contaminants that may be present in your drinking water.
- It has an ultra-high-purity and heavy-duty material that makes it resistant to corrosion and bacterial growth.
- This filter has an impressive 200-gallon long life that can keep you hydrated for 2 months.
#5 Seychelle pH2O Water Filter Pitcher
The Seychelle pH2O Water Filter Pitcher is designed to provide your drinking water with the highest quality standards. The Seychelle pH2O’s dual filters remove up to 90% of all dissolved solids while raising pH levels to provide you with better tasting and healthy drinking water.
It can filter up to 200 gallons of water before it needs to be replaced. This means you will be able to use the same filter for up to 4 months before it needs to be changed out. The filters are very easy to replace and only take a few minutes of your time.
This water filter pitcher is BPA-free and contains no lead or other harmful chemicals, making it completely safe for you to use every day.
What we liked:
- Remove contaminants and add minerals for a healthier alkaline PH balance.
- It’s a highly functional and affordable water filter pitcher.
- It also adds back healthy minerals that are lost when water is filtered.
- This unit has an attractive design and compact size that fits into most refrigerators with ease.
- It’s easy to clean, as well — all you need to do is rinse it off with warm water after each use.
- A capacity that gives you great value for money compared to other filters on the market.
#6 Nakii Water Filter Pitcher
The NAKII pitcher water filter is a highly effective and efficient water filter. It has a long-lasting 150 gallons or 4 months of filtration. It will give you pure-tasting, healthy drinking water in minutes.
It is made with high-quality material for durability and it’s easy to clean and maintain. You can even put it in the dishwasher for effortless cleaning.
This water filter features an innovative combination of ion exchange resin and activated carbon that utilizes a large adsorptive capacity to remove over 100 contaminants including chlorine, lead, mercury, copper, cadmium, zinc, sodium, nitrates, fluoride, and more.
The NAKII pitcher water filter removes all the harmful contaminants that are found in our tap water yet preserves essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium your body needs to maintain good health and wellness.
What we liked:
- The Nakii pitcher has an advanced filtration capacity that can filter up to 150 gallons of water in its lifetime.
- It’s made from premium quality plastic material that does not degrade, crack or break even at lower temperatures.
- The Nakii filter comes with ActivoCarbon technology which has a larger absorptive capacity compared to other carbon filters on the market.
- Using a unique purification technology that removes impurities and other contaminants while retaining essential minerals in your water.
#7 Hskyhan Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
The Hskyhan Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher is a great product for anyone who wants to drink purer, healthier water, but doesn’t want to invest in an expensive filter system or install a new faucet attachment.
The filter comes with 2 filters, which means you can use one while the other is drying out so that you always have a clean filter ready to go. It also includes a large 3.5-liter capacity, which is ideal for a family or if you have company over often.
The 7 stage filtration system removes not only impurities from your water that can cause illnesses like chlorine and lead but also improves the taste so that your drinking water tastes more refreshing. The pitcher itself has a sleek design that looks good on any countertop.
What we liked:
- One of the best things about this product is that it has a large capacity.
- It’s an affordable, efficient, and environmentally friendly option that will increase your consumption of water by making it cleaner and tastier.
- It’s a way to reduce single-use plastic consumption while also saving money on buying bottled water.
- Plus, it has some health benefits as well!
#8 LifeStraw Water Filter Pitchers
The LifeStraw Home Water Filter Pitchers are a great solution for families who want to ensure they drink clean, safe water at home. The advanced hollow fiber membrane technology filters out bacteria, parasites, microplastics, and a variety of chemicals. The filter also reduces chlorine and bad taste and odor.
The water filter jug is made from food-grade plastic that does not contain BPA. It is available in four sizes – 7 cups slim, which can fit in most standard refrigerators.
LifeStraw’s water filter pitcher uses a long-lasting carbon filter that reliably removes contaminants for up to 40 gallons of water or about two months of use (depending on the quality of your tap water).
The design is thoughtful and sustainable since it uses very little plastic compared to ordinary jugs. Once you are done with the filter, simply send it back to LifeStraw through their Give Back program and they will recycle it into something new.
What we liked:
- One of the best parts about this pitcher is that it doesn’t require electricity or battery power to function.
- It’s one of the only filtration systems on the market that protects against bacteria and parasites.
- Plus, the filter lasts for 4 months or 40 gallons of water, so you’ll have plenty of time before you have to replace it.
- For every LifeStraw Home product purchased, one year of clean drinking water is provided to a child in need.
#9 Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
Aquagear is a family-built brand forged in the search for quality water. This mission started with a simple idea: create a filter that would reduce more contaminants than anything else on the market. What we created is our trademarked Aquagear Triple Capacity Filter that reduces 20x more contaminants than the leading pitcher filter.
At 3.02 pounds, the Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher is the lightest model we tested. You can fill it with 56 ounces of water or just 33 ounces before you have to pour out the rest.
Most importantly, Aquagear stands for improving the health of people and the environment. That’s why we use sustainable materials and donate a portion of our profits to clean water initiatives around the world.
What we liked:
- This product is an excellent choice as it’s not just a filter, but also a way of life.
- It provides high-quality water to help promote health and sustainability.
- The Aquagear company donates one filter to someone in need for every purchase made.
#10 Ehm Ultra II Premium Water Filter Pitcher
The EHM Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Pitcher provides a convenient, cost-effective, and eco-friendly way to naturally alkalize your drinking water.
The pitcher has a 7-stage cartridge system that infuses essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium into the water which may help support immune function and improve health. The cartridge also acts as an alkaline filter which increases the pH levels of the water by eliminating acidity in the water.
The Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher uses the power of a 9.5 pH Ionized Mineral Stone Cartridge to filter, ionize, and naturally mineralize your regular tap water into clean, healthy, and great tasting alkaline water that’s full of essential minerals for better health.
What we liked:
- 3.8L capacity—easily meets the needs of an entire household
- Innovative lid design allows for easy filling of pitcher or glass directly from tap—no need to remove the lid
- Water is filtered as it enters the pitcher—there’s no waiting for it to fill up first
- Premium micro-filters remove contaminants such as lead, mercury, and other heavy metals; chloramines and chlorine; fluoride; harmful chemicals like BPA, benzene, and MTBE
Things To Consider When Buying A Water Filter Pitcher
Water filter pitchers are a low-cost, effective way to get clean water. However, choosing the right one can be confusing. There are many different options available, and they all provide different features. When deciding which one is best for you, consider the following factors:
1. Filter type:
There are many types of water filters available, the most common being:
- Activated carbon: This is the most common type of water filter. It works by running water through activated carbon, which removes much of the chlorine, sediment, and other impurities.
- Reverse osmosis (RO). Reverse osmosis is a process in which water is forced through a semi-permeable membrane.
- Ion exchange may remove minerals that can cause unpleasant tastes or discoloration, such as iron or manganese.
Make sure the water filter pitcher you’re buying is made from a sturdy, safe material. Glass and hard plastic pitchers are the most durable and have the longest life span. Look for BPA-free plastics with a high grade of hardness.
Stainless steel pitchers are another option, but they need more regular cleaning and can retain odors more easily. They should be hand washed only to keep them in good condition.
Make sure you buy a water filter pitcher that has enough capacity for your needs. Most pitchers hold between six and 11 cups of filtered water at a time, but some larger models can hold up to 20 cups of water and don’t need filling as often.
4. Filter lifespan
It’s important to consider your typical water usage when buying a filter. Most filter pitchers have a lifespan of 40 gallons or two months. Check that you can replace the filter easily.
5. Jug Size
The size and weight of the jug is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a water filter pitcher. A small jug with a capacity of 1 liter or less is ideal for those living alone or who have limited space. Larger jugs are better suited to families, students sharing a flat, or anyone who uses more water.
PUR vs. Brita vs. ZeroWater Filter Comparison
1. What does activate carbon do?
Activated carbon purifies water by removing chlorine and other impurities, improving the taste and odor of water.
2. What does ion exchange resin do?
Ion exchange resin reduces heavy metals such as lead, copper, and mercury from drinking water.
3. Does the water taste good from water filter pitcher?
Yes, the filtered water tastes great and it also removes most of the chlorine in your tap water.
4. How much is the capacity of the water filter pitcher?
It can hold 8 cups or 1.9L of water at once. It can provide you with enough clean and healthy drinking water for one day’s use.
5. Why is my water not filtering as quickly as before?
Your filter may be clogged and need to be replaced. To maximize the life of your filter, you should only use municipal tap water, or well water that has been tested and meets standards established by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). If your water is from a private well or from a public system that does not meet EPA standards, boiling the water will make it safe for consumption.
6. Can I use softened water with this pitcher?
We recommend that you do not use softened water with this product. Water softeners often replace calcium and magnesium ions in hard water with sodium (salt) ions, which reduces the capacity of the filters. This can result in reduced filtering speed and increased frequency of filter changes.
7. Can I put hot water into this pitcher?
No, please only use cold tap water with this product.
The best water filter pitcher is the one you’ll use the most. That’s the one that will provide you with the greatest benefit. For most people, that means a pitcher that is easy to fill and pours well, in addition to providing good filtration. If you have a large family or entertain frequently, you may want to look at a larger capacity pitcher.
If you’re willing to spend more for greater filtration performance, ZeroWater ZP-010 Water Filter Pitcher is an excellent choice for its ability to filter out trace levels of lead and other heavy metals.